Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Leslie County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heard that Leslie County High School boys basketball coach resigned. Any clue on his replacement?
Rumor*-Mark Collett
I don't know if Sizemore has resigned yet or not but pretty sure its going to happen...

It will be between Mark Collett or Daniel Day (unless a bigger name coach puts in for it)

Rumor- I heard was that Mark Collet didn't want it tho, if thats true then Daniel Day would more than likely get it. I'd say Mark is #1 choice and Day is 2nd. Both would be a good fit.
Who all does Leslie return next year?

I know they have Rury Eldridge, the top guard in the 14th Region. Hahaha
They had some great talent a few years back and never could win the big one. Should have won at least one regional with all that talent. were they in the All A as well during that span?
^ I guess ur talking about 2005 and 2006 but No they wasn't in all a
Leslie County has hired Daniel Day per WYMT.
who is Daniel Day?
^

A former player at Leslie Co. I remember watching him play with others like Quentin Morgan, Brain Hubbard, but I cant remember right off what year it was. I believe his senior year was like 05-06. He was a good player, and went off to play for Alice Lloyd. I dont know if he has any prior coaching experience with his age.
^ Day was a senior in 06.. Played against him my whole life.

Daniel has been an assistant for Leslie's girls and boys for the last 3 years..

Congrats to Daniel
Was there no interest in this job? Day almost could have played with some of the players now, maybe could have used some more expierence.
hillmonster Wrote:Was there no interest in this job? Day almost could have played with some of the players now, maybe could have used some more expierence.

Not much interest in this job from many people... But this was in the works for the last few years.
What about the Parks kid who is a assistant at Hazard. He has been a head coach and would be bring some youth to the bench.
Daniel Day is a homegrown boy from Leslie County. He was a star at Leslie and was one of the 14th Regions best players. He will learn more and more as he coaches. He cares a lot about his county and the kids in it. Daniel will do an excellent job if everyone will give him a chance.
Great hire for the Eagles. Day is an alum of Leslie County High and is a college graduate of Alice Lloyd College where he played basketball. Being in his mid-twenty's coupled with being a teacher there at LCHS, I think he will garner the respect of the young men right off the bat. He will be able to relate to and interact with the players better than most. The guys knowledge and passion for the game of basketball will take him and his teams far. Good luck Coach Day & the Eagles!
Don't know Day, but congrats!!!! Make a name for yourself, knowledge and work ethic doesn't always come with age.
Good hire by LCHS.....Making such a young hire the administration needs to make a commitment to him and let him work through the obstacles of being a young coach in the business. AD's these days are gunslingers, give him 5 or 6 yrs, not 2 or 3.
I think that Daniel is capable of succeeding at Leslie County and wish him all the best. That would be a cool story if he did do really well there!
Daniel will do a good job at Leslie County. It will take a few years to build the program up but he will have them competing. Game in and Game out.