Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jared Sullinger of Ohio State: will enter the draft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ohio State forward Jared Sullinger will announce Wednesday that he will enter the NBA draft, a school source told ESPN.com's Andy Katz.

Sullinger
Sullinger and Buckeyes coach Thad Matta are expected to appear at a news conference at 2:15 p.m. ET Wednesday at Value City Arena, on the Ohio State campus.

Sullinger, a 6-foot-9 sophomore, averaged 17.5 points and 9. 3 rebounds per game in 2011-12 as the Buckeyes reached the Final Four. He scored 13 points on 5-of-19 shooting and pulled down 11 rebounds in the Buckeyes' loss to Kansas in the national semifinals.

Widely expected among the top picks in the NBA draft, Sullinger was a two-time AP All-America -- the first player to earn that honor in back-t0-back years since North Carolina's Tyler Hansbrough in 2009. He was also named to this season's John R. Wooden All-American Team.

Sullinger was also the first player to be named All-America in his freshman and sophomore seasons since Chris Jackson of LSU in 1989 and 1990.

Matta praised Sullinger when he was named All-America last week.

"We knew he was going to be a special player. And to see him get these accolades he has received and won at the level he's won at speaks volumes to the player he is and that select category and only being a sophomore lets you know what a great player he is," Matta said.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/story/_...ource-says
His fat ass will be lucky if he foes in the first round.
Hello bench.
^ Both of you are nuts, facetious, or downright don't know shit!!! Sully is an excellent fit in the NBA. He is extremely active, positions himself well in the paint and runs the floor like someone much smaller, and passes very good for a big man. His game is better suited in the NBA than in college, and barring injury, he will be a starting 4 by his 2nd season, which a four is his real position!
Hes rich now.

Can't bash rich people.
^ LOL, you can, but they can afford to sue you for slander - AND WIN!
Sullinger will make the NBA playoffs before Davis does

I only say this because Davis will be starting for a very bad team next year
Its gonna be the D league for him.
toussaints Wrote:Sullinger will make the NBA playoffs before Davis does

I only say this because Davis will be starting for a very bad team next
year

Agree...

Saddest thing about Anthony Davis being so good this year, is that he'll end up playing for the Bobcats...

But you never know Michael Jordan is so bad at running a team he may pass up Davis... I hope!!!

IMO: Sullinger will be a OK pro. He'll lose some weight and get stronger. Sullinger is still going to go top 10 so he's team won't be that good.
^The Bobcats may not win the AD lottery. I hope he goes to the Wizards with Wall.
My Kings have been messed-over with the lottery system. I hope they win it this year. Could you imagine:

Tyreke Evans
Marcus Thornton
who cares
Anthony Davis
DeMarcus Cousins

WOW!
LWC Wrote:My Kings have been messed-over with the lottery system. I hope they win it this year. Could you imagine:

Tyreke Evans
Marcus Thornton
who cares
Anthony Davis
DeMarcus Cousins

WOW!

That I would love to see also.
That could work out for you LWC.
I really believe Davis will play a four man in the NBA instead of Center.
He's ball handling skills and shooting are really good for a big man.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:That could work out for you LWC.

Yeah, I believe if he wants to have a good career he has to play the 4.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:That could work out for you LWC.

He will, he will be a Kevin Garnett type player
Stardust Wrote:^ Both of you are nuts, facetious, or downright don't know shit!!! Sully is an excellent fit in the NBA. He is extremely active, positions himself well in the paint and runs the floor like someone much smaller, and passes very good for a big man. His game is better suited in the NBA than in college, and barring injury, he will be a starting 4 by his 2nd season, which a four is his real position!

Disagree, I'm an OSU fan and can tell you Sullinger at 6'9 has been consistently bothered by length.
Sullinger probably lowered his stock by coming back this year, but that was a very unselfish thing to do and says a lot about him. I wish him well and hope he has a successful NBA career.