Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 14 South Floyd 0 (Final 5 Innings, 15th Region All "A" Play-In)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from SV.

The Panthers (6-1) jumped out early and did not look back. South Floyd is honestly just not good in any facet. Hopefully, they can work to improve.

Reese Ward picks up the W for PHS while tossing the 3rd Perfect Game in the past 3 season for PHS. Prior to 2010 there is no record of one being thrown at Pikeville.

Pikeville will return to Shelby Valley Wednesday to face Betsy Layne in the quarterfinals of the 15th Region All "A" Tournament. I would assume Randy Maynard will take the hill (or maybe Mountain I should say after seeing that monstrosity SV has out there).

One game at a time! On, On Maroon and White!
Do you have an actual bracket PT?
OffTheHook Wrote:Do you have an actual bracket PT?
KHSAA lists Tuesday:

Paintsville vs. Magoffin County
Allen Central vs. Prestonsburg

Wednesday:

Pikeville vs. Betsy Layne
Phelps vs. Shelby Valley

I assume the winners of the respective days will face off in the semis.
OK Thanks. I saw the schedule on KHSAA. Just didn't know how the bracket was laid out.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Final from SV.

The Panthers (6-1) jumped out early and did not look back. South Floyd is honestly just not good in any facet. Hopefully, they can work to improve.

Reese Ward picks up the W for PHS while tossing the 3rd Perfect Game in the past 3 season for PHS. Prior to 2010 there is no record of one being thrown at Pikeville.

Pikeville will return to Shelby Valley Wednesday to face Betsy Layne in the quarterfinals of the 15th Region All "A" Tournament. I would assume Randy Maynard will take the hill (or maybe Mountain I should say after seeing that monstrosity SV has out there).

One game at a time! On, On Maroon and White!
Outstanding game, guys, and congrats to Reese. PT, I believe there was one thrown in either 1984 or 85. Of course, I don't know where the records would be of that one, it has been a long time. If memory serves me right, the perfect game (might have been a regular no no) was against Phelps or maybe Jenkins. The pitcher was Matthew Coleman, I think. And I seem to remember a no no by Steve Prater a few years prior to that that was maybe a walk shy of being perfect.
PHSForever Wrote:Outstanding game, guys, and congrats to Reese. PT, I believe there was one thrown in either 1984 or 85. Of course, I don't know where the records would be of that one, it has been a long time. If memory serves me right, the perfect game (might have been a regular no no) was against Phelps or maybe Jenkins. The pitcher was Matthew Coleman, I think. And I seem to remember a no no by Steve Prater a few years prior to that that was maybe a walk shy of being perfect.
The baseball records are just not readily available. I believe Jacob Hamilton is within reach of the record for wins and strike outs this season, but no one can find any concrete information. And just to note all the Perfect Games the last 3 years were in 5 inning games which would most likely disqualify them from State recognition.

I remember getting the 2010 stats and at the cookout after the 2010 season the new school records were announced, and many of the offensive categories belong to that team and members of it as far as for a single season.

Hopefully with a little research, I could try to come up with some numbers and attempt to compile a "best guess" data base.
Panther Thunder Wrote:The baseball records are just not readily available. I believe Jacob Hamilton is within reach of the record for wins and strike outs this season, but no one can find any concrete information. And just to note all the Perfect Games the last 3 years were in 5 inning games which would most likely disqualify them from State recognition.

I remember getting the 2010 stats and at the cookout after the 2010 season the new school records were announced, and many of the offensive categories belong to that team and members of it as far as for a single season.

Hopefully with a little research, I could try to come up with some numbers and attempt to compile a "best guess" data base.
I don't doubt that a bit (the records aren't readily available), and that is a shame, because I can tell you for sure that the 80 thru 85 classes were extremely good. For sure, the 1981-82 team was 20-2, with one loss being in the regional tourney, 1984-85 team was 30-8 with (for sure) 2 no-hitters by Robbie Rowe (that team lost in the regional finals to Paintsville, and Robbie's no nos were in the 59th district semi-finals and regional semi-final. Matt Coleman was an honorable mention Louisville C-J all state baseball team that year and signed with UK (still holds a record or two for pitching there). I'd have to dig through my old yearbooks for the records for those other years. I think there was a streak of 3 or 4 straight years in the 80's wth 30 win seasons each year. If anyone knows how to reach the old coach, Roy Cutright, he might have some of those stats.
Congrats Reese! 15 batters faced with 14 strikeouts

Good luck to Pikeville the rest of the week. Hopefully South Floyd will improve
Panther Thunder Wrote:The baseball records are just not readily available. I believe Jacob Hamilton is within reach of the record for wins and strike outs this season, but no one can find any concrete information. And just to note all the Perfect Games the last 3 years were in 5 inning games which would most likely disqualify them from State recognition.

This is why I do what I do PT.
I can tell you pitch for pitch from 2009 to present.
Great Job P-Ville.
Haven't heard those names mentioned in yrs.( Coach Roy Cutright, amd Matt Coleman ), but remember the success of the P.H.S. baseball team during that time. Both Matt Coleman and Robbie Rowe were fun watch on the mound. Great win against S.F. Panthers. Keep it rolling.