Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Allen Central 6 - Paintsville 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tough loss for the tigers.
Good luck this week in the All "A" tournament.
I figured Paintsville would win this one. Haven't seen the Tigers play any this year but looking at the scores it looks like this team is going to scrap for runs all year long because it doesn't have much offensive firepower. It's still pretty early for these guys and I think John Miller will have these guys ready to go come tournament time. I bet the Tigers make a run at the Class A regional title this week. Best of luck Tigers.
JCHSEAGLE Wrote:I figured Paintsville would win this one. Haven't seen the Tigers play any this year but looking at the scores it looks like this team is going to scrap for runs all year long because it doesn't have much offensive firepower. It's still pretty early for these guys and I think John Miller will have these guys ready to go come tournament time. I bet the Tigers make a run at the Class A regional title this week. Best of luck Tigers.

This I can agree with!
Wow, what an embarrassing loss.
Embarassing loss?

I wouldn't call it embarassing......no loss is fun but I don't think I would go so far as to call it embarassing. If we win a game we shouldn't, will you call it an embarassing win?
Olderthandirt Wrote:Embarassing loss?

I wouldn't call it embarassing......no loss is fun but I don't think I would go so far as to call it embarassing. If we win a game we shouldn't, will you call it an embarassing win?

Typically, that's called an upset. Still it's embarrassing, but that's just my view.
Olderthandirt Wrote:Embarassing loss?

JMO, Programs like Pikeville, Johnson Central, Lawrence County, and most of all Paintsville should be embarrassed with these kind of losses. They will happen every now and then but that doesn't make it any better. Programs with the tradition such as these should hold their expectations to a higher standard. JMO.
Whats up with the disrespect for the Rebels. Last time I checked the Rebels have a regional title since the Tigers have won one. Whats so great about Paintsville? What has Paintsville done over the past few yrs in any sport to be calling a regional loss embarassing. This Rebel club is young but very talented, so dont be so fast to disrespect these kids.
KY Headhunter Wrote:Whats up with the disrespect for the Rebels. Last time I checked the Rebels have a regional title since the Tigers have won one. Whats so great about Paintsville? What has Paintsville done over the past few yrs in any sport to be calling a regional loss embarassing. This Rebel club is young but very talented, so dont be so fast to disrespect these kids.

OK...one in 2003. How many before that?

No-one is disrespecting AC. In the last 10 years AC is 3-7 against the Tigers. We just expect to win every time we hit the field. AC has improved in the last couple of years. And they beat us. Plain and simple. It happens.
Am I worried? Nope.
Do I want us to win every game? Yes.
But, the Regular Season is for finding what needs fixin and preparing for the District Tourney. Which the 57th is the hardest to get out of than any District in the Region.
Now if you wanna talk Region Winners. Besides Pikeville. Go back and look how many have come out of the 57th in the last 10 years.

Good Luck to AC the rest of the way.
OffTheHook Wrote:OK...one in 2003. How many before that?

No-one is disrespecting AC. In the last 10 years AC is 3-7 against the Tigers. We just expect to win every time we hit the field. AC has improved in the last couple of years. And they beat us. Plain and simple. It happens.
Am I worried? Nope.
Do I want us to win every game? Yes.
But, the Regular Season is for finding what needs fixin and preparing for the District Tourney. Which the 57th is the hardest to get out of than any District in the Region.
Now if you wanna talk Region Winners. Besides Pikeville. Go back and look how many have come out of the 57th in the last 10 years.

Good Luck to AC the rest of the way.
Ya know Hook it is the track record that creates the problem in this situation.The Tigers have an extended record of excellence on the diamond. This includes several post season appearances to include the stage of state tournaments of one kind or another.Most of all they have what is so illusive.
Nobody likes to loose but in some cases it is hard to know how to accept .
I have noticed that about some posters on here. It's never that another team outplayed one of the "elite" teams, it was more of the "elite" team, played bad. I guess in this class structured region everyone just has to know their place. So there is no misunderstanding the last sentence was loaded with sarcasm!!!!!!!
bcats12 Wrote:I have noticed that about some posters on here. It's never that another team outplayed one of the "elite" teams, it was more of the "elite" team, played bad. I guess in this class structured region everyone just has to know their place. So there is no misunderstanding the last sentence was loaded with sarcasm!!!!!!!

Who's last sentence?
bcats12 Wrote:I have noticed that about some posters on here. It's never that another team outplayed one of the "elite" teams, it was more of the "elite" team, played bad. I guess in this class structured region everyone just has to know their place. So there is no misunderstanding the last sentence was loaded with sarcasm!!!!!!!
Did anyone say Allen Central did not outplay Paintsville? No. The point is it doesn't matter if one year EKU is actually better than UK, it doesn't change how the UK fans would feel/perceive a loss to the Colonels. It is not about AC, more about how these programs have inheirent higher expectations.
KY Headhunter Wrote:Whats up with the disrespect for the Rebels. Last time I checked the Rebels have a regional title since the Tigers have won one. Whats so great about Paintsville? What has Paintsville done over the past few yrs in any sport to be calling a regional loss embarassing. This Rebel club is young but very talented, so dont be so fast to disrespect these kids.
Paintsville has hands down the best tradition in 15th Region history. This is coming from a Johnson Central fan. You have to look at all of those teams that Charlie Adkins has had in the past. Even Tuck Howard had some very good baseball teams in recent years. I agree that this is a bad loss for the Tigers even though they aren't a region front-runner like most years. Allen Central shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as teams like Paintsville, Johnson Central, Pikeville, and the 15th's most recent addition, Lawerence Co. These four teams are year in year out the cream of the crop in the 15th. Not trying to disrespect AC but you just aren't in that categorey as far as tradition goes. AC has had some decent teams but you also have to remember they play in probably the worst district in the 15th.
I started this by using the wrong wording and not thinking ahead of what I posted. In no way did I mean to try to disrespect the kids at AC, ABSOLUTELY not my intention. I am sure they have as much heart and desire as any other team in the 15th as they obviously showed by beating Paintsville. What I should have said was congrats to AC and shut my mouth. I want to thank Pikeville Thunder for trying to bail me out, he said what I was thinking but I was too dumb to do so. If I tried it to post the other way it would have seemed like I was bashing Paintsville. Best of luck to both and all in the ALL-A.