Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Gas Prices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Over $4 a gallon here in Irvine and in Richmond
$3.89 for regular in Paintsville.
3.59 in corbin
3.99 in Inez.
3.80 in Buckeye Lake,Ohio.
Filled up two days ago and it was 3.89 in Hazard.
3.89 in Pikeville
Of the 25 closest stations to my home according to Gas Buddy, only one is selling gasoline for less than $3.999 and almost all of them have gas priced at over $4.00/gal. I filled up on base and the price was $4.03/gal. It was even higher near Charleston where I refilled my tank.

Don't worry, Democrats hope to raise taxes on the big oil companies. I am sure that will cause them to drop their prices. :eyeroll:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Of the 25 closest stations to my home according to Gas Buddy, only one is selling gasoline for less than $3.999 and almost all of them have gas priced at over $4.00/gal. I filled up on base and the price was $4.03/gal. It was even higher near Charleston where I refilled my tank.

Don't worry, Democrats hope to raise taxes on the big oil companies. I am sure that will cause them to drop their prices. :eyeroll:

There making record profits. So hey whats the big deal.

Big Oil wins, and we all lose

President Barack Obama's plea to Congress to end $4 billion in tax subsidies to oilcompanies was rebuffed Thursday as the Senate turned back a Democratic bill to repeal the tax breaks

Moments after Obama made his election-year appeal in the White House Rose Garden, the Senate failed to reach the threshold of votes needed to proceed to a measure that would have ended the subsidies. Obama had argued that Americans are getting hit twice — once at the gas pump, and once more by sending billions of dollars in tax subsidies to oil companies.

"I think it's time they got by without more help from taxpayers who are already having a tough enough time paying the bills and filling up their gas tank," the president said. "And I think it's curious that some folks in Congress, who are the first to belittle investments in new sources of energy, are the ones that are fighting the hardest to maintain these giveaways for the oil companies."
$3.82 here in North Carolina
Wildcatk23 Wrote:There making record profits. So hey whats the big deal.

Big Oil wins, and we all lose

President Barack Obama's plea to Congress to end $4 billion in tax subsidies to oilcompanies was rebuffed Thursday as the Senate turned back a Democratic bill to repeal the tax breaks

Moments after Obama made his election-year appeal in the White House Rose Garden, the Senate failed to reach the threshold of votes needed to proceed to a measure that would have ended the subsidies. Obama had argued that Americans are getting hit twice — once at the gas pump, and once more by sending billions of dollars in tax subsidies to oil companies.

"I think it's time they got by without more help from taxpayers who are already having a tough enough time paying the bills and filling up their gas tank," the president said. "And I think it's curious that some folks in Congress, who are the first to belittle investments in new sources of energy, are the ones that are fighting the hardest to maintain these giveaways for the oil companies."
Who do you think is going to pay the oil companies' higher prices - assuming that Democrats in Congress are stupid enough to vote for higher gasoline prices in an election year? I don't understand how people can be stupid enough to believe that raising taxes on oil companies will do anything but tack on a few cents to a gallon of gasoline.
It went down again here at the Lake but with oil up almost 2 bucks a brl the last time I checked I see a 20 cent raise at least by tomorrow around noon.
Those evil oil companies are making profit on a gallon of gasoline
Distribution cost,marketing and profiting comes to around 11 cents per gallon if gas was selling at $4 a gallon

Oh by the way state and federal taxes are 64 cents per gallon. So in reality the government is making more per gallon than the evil oil companies

http://energyalmanac.ca.gov/gasoline/margins/index.php
MustangSally Wrote:Those evil oil companies are making profit on a gallon of gasoline
Distribution cost,marketing and profiting comes to around 11 cents per gallon if gas was selling at $4 a gallon

Oh by the way state and federal taxes are 64 cents per gallon. So in reality the government is making more per gallon than the evil oil companies

http://energyalmanac.ca.gov/gasoline/margins/index.php
You might want to check your chart, and read it right this time. Oil companies don't make record profits by not making a profit.
Getting time to buy some horses!
Now that I think about it, I have been seeing a lot more scooters on the roads...
TheRealVille Wrote:You might want to check your chart, and read it right this time. Oil companies don't make record profits by not making a profit.

refiner cost and profits are still less than taxes paid....so the government is still making more
3.56 in Buckeye Lake,Ohio
3.69 in Corbin
^ sucks man that these gas stations here are just screwing us.
what I don't get is that on UK's campus it was $3.89 but just a couple of miles down Richmond Rd it was $3.79 at the same gas station franchise.......makes no sense.
Down with big oil!!!
$3.79 at one station here in Paintsville.
3.80 in Buckeye Lake, Ohio

Ohil under 99 bucks a BRL
Price at the pump should have dropped big time today.
$3.53 in Paintsville, and falling.
^Hopefully it keeps falling.
$3.59 Alexandria
Surprisingly, gas has fallen pretty good here in Corbin.

$3.39 Corbin
$3.49 London ad Williamsburg
Still 3.99 in Kermit
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5