Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Anthony Davis is AP P.O.Y.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anthony Davis is the 1st Kentucky player and 2nd freshman to win the AP Player of the Year. Davis received 43 of 65 votes to win the award. Kansas' Thomas Robinson was 2nd with 20 votes, Michigan State's Draymond Green had the other 2 votes. Kevin Durant was the 1st freshman to win the award in 2007.
Good for him, Cal only had to give 250k for him.
If so it was money well spent.
Davis is very deserving. Kid had a great year.
Well deserving for Davis. Would be hard to argue that they got this one wrong.

Congrats Davis!
Calipari has never been accused of paying players.
Overrated Wrote:Good for him, Cal only had to give 250k for him.
He got him at a "bargin basement" price then. Is Syracuse still in the tourney, I can't remember. I do see that you were smart enough not to enter the BRG tournament challenge on ESPN, though.
After mid year, I never had a doubt the Davis was going to take this one.
Its really surprising that a KY player has never won this award and that this is only the second freshman to ever do so.
Well deserved and they got this one right.
Now, is he the best Cat ever? Single season or career?
^ Good question, I'm not going to touch that one though haha. He has had one of the most dominate regular seasons though, especially on the defensive end.

Congrats to a special, special player...14 points, 10 boards, and nearly 5 blocks a game...impressive numbers for Davis.

Overrated, I'm sure Bernie Fine also knows about 14, 10, and 5. I'm sure he's quite familiar with people of those ages.
Dude if he done all of that, why is he living so well and setting at the final four?

If Bernie Fine an Fab Melo is the only trash talk people can come up with well.. Blame your mamaws for doing you all wrong.
Stardust Wrote:Now, is he the best Cat ever? Single season or career?

maybe single season, but i wouldn't say career. you need to play at least 2 years to get that kind of credit
Stardust Wrote:Now, is he the best Cat ever? Single season or career?

I dont know if i would go that far.
The game has changed so much over the years, so i have to take in the perspective that players from the mid to late 90s and earlier wouldnt be the player they were if they played today, and on the flip side, im not sure Davis could handle the style of play thos guys played.

Theres no doubt Davis is in the top 10, and very well may be the best freshmen ever, but guys have put up a lot better numbers than Davis, but not been as effective on both sides of the ball and dominated games like Davis does.

Thats a good question Dusty, im just gonna say top 5 and leave it at that.
Theres really no way i could decide.
Overrated Wrote:Dude if he done all of that, why is he living so well and setting at the final four?

If Bernie Fine an Fab Melo is the only trash talk people can come up with well.. Blame your mamaws for doing you all wrong.

Thats funny considering all youve got is "Cals a cheater" lol
No way they could give this one to anyone else.
Put this guy on ANY team and he's a gamechanger.
Obviously an incredible basketball player. I could only image what his numbers would have been like at a school with no supporting cast and he was the sole star and scorer. He should be good to watch at the next level.