Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Montgomery Co job opening
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
With the release of Coach Wise at Montgomery Co, who will they hire to replace him?
I've heard a couple of names been thrown around. Scott Chalk of Franklin, Wayne Breeden of Tates Creek, and then some ridiculious like Happy Osbourne. I wouldn't be surprised if they contacted Jason Holland, he was a runner up candidate back when they hired Keith Griesser. Who knows with this crazy administration though...
I'm hearing Holland too. (Oldham Co)
Randy McCoy is wanting to come back closer to Eastern Kentucky and looking to leave University Heights. Is what I was told.
Randy McCoy was one of the three finalist they interviewed last year.
I heard Hundley today and that came from someone with serious CKY ties. I didn't ask if that was him speculating or if he had been told.
Hundley isn't applying at Montgomery County.
I heard that it was Josh Cook's job. He is in good with parents and adminstartion.Anyone else heard this?
thegr81 Wrote:I heard that it was Josh Cook's job. He is in good with parents and adminstartion.Anyone else heard this?

Was he the JV coach?
Gold Charger Wrote:Was he the JV coach?

yes
thegr81 Wrote:I heard that it was Josh Cook's job. He is in good with parents and adminstartion.Anyone else heard this?
Well now the 5th principal has "resigned" since the new super and AD tokk over last year. Todd Wilson's last day will be Jun 30th. Will this effect the hiring of the new coach?
This should be a good job for someone.
You run off a 23-11 coach, with a solid coaching career (several 100 wins, multiple state tournament appearances in FL) to go in a new direction.

And the new direction is the JV coach?

What am I missing?

Surely this job would generate some solid candidates even with the "shake up" currently going on in the school system.
Landon0024 Wrote:You run off a 23-11 coach, with a solid coaching career (several 100 wins, multiple state tournament appearances in FL) to go in a new direction.

And the new direction is the JV coach?

What am I missing?

Surely this job would generate some solid candidates even with the "shake up" currently going on in the school system.

Same question I asked. Just don't see it happening. They will try and get a big name coach, but who in thier right mind would want in that mess???
"Same question I asked. Just don't see it happening. They will try and get a big name coach, but who in thier right mind would want in that mess???
"

I think it’s a valid concern/question for the community Gold Charger. When a 5A program that size, with those facilities and a team that is traditionally a top 5 team in the region can’t draw some veteran names, something’s seriously wrong.

I truly hope the administration picks the most qualified candidate. If they pick the candidate to appease a few parents, who are hoping they can manipulate the new coach into playing time for their kids then this program is clearly headed in the wrong direction.

Every program has them,(bad parents) once the parents begin to run the program it only has 1 way to go, I think we know which way that is.
Wayne Breeden
Scott Chalk
Mark Starns
Dennis Pardue

Those are the four names that I am hearing.
Dennis Pardue ??? - i'm not familar with him can you give me some back ground?
Josh Cook is an excellent coach, I think he should've got the job over Wise last August. He is young (27 I think) and already has a ton of experience. He was a Varsity Assitant at KCC and June Buchanan and I think took both to state. He was fired by Wise the day before Wise was removed, so I think he'll apply. Coach Hundley would be an excellent choice but there is no way he'll come back to this mess.
Indians20 Wrote:Josh Cook is an excellent coach, I think he should've got the job over Wise last August. He is young (27 I think) and already has a ton of experience. He was a Varsity Assitant at KCC and June Buchanan and I think took both to state. He was fired by Wise the day before Wise was removed, so I think he'll apply. Coach Hundley would be an excellent choice but there is no way he'll come back to this mess.

Josh Cook is a friend of mine and if he gets the job he'll do a good job. Cook was also the Head Coach at JBS in 2008/9 (18-10) with not much talent. Cook loves the game and works hard. Hope he gets the job.
Sources tell me Frankie Smith has applied. Frankie has won a state championship in West Virginia, spent 8 years as an assistant at Miami of Ohio and has spent the past four seasons as head coach at Saginaw Valley State University. See his bio here:
http://athletics.svsu.edu/sports/mbkb/coaches/index
Indians20 Wrote:Josh Cook is an excellent coach, I think he should've got the job over Wise last August. He is young (27 I think) and already has a ton of experience. He was a Varsity Assitant at KCC and June Buchanan and I think took both to state. He was fired by Wise the day before Wise was removed, so I think he'll apply. Coach Hundley would be an excellent choice but there is no way he'll come back to this mess.

1 year as head coach at a school with approx. 100 students K-12 is not a ton of experience. There is alot to running a program like MCHS has. The AAU teams, the Middle school teams, as well as 3 high school teams.

And according to several sources, Cook was not fired the day before Wise was fired. And lets just say, I have NO reason to doubt my sources.
mchs78 Wrote:1 year as head coach at a school with approx. 100 students K-12 is not a ton of experience. There is alot to running a program like MCHS has. The AAU teams, the Middle school teams, as well as 3 high school teams.

And according to several sources, Cook was not fired the day before Wise was fired. And lets just say, I have NO reason to doubt my sources.

Agree. I would think that Montgomery Co would go with a more proven coach with experience.
Cook was let go by Wise. Trust me, I've heard it from numerous "sources". I also have no reason to doubt this source since they were involved in the whole mess. I was just saying he has a ton of coaching experience for how young he is, I never said he had a ton of Head Coaching experience. He has to start somewhere, why not in Montgomery County? Coach Hundley had no Head Coaching experience and now he's building a great program at Woodford.
Indians20 Wrote:Cook was let go by Wise. Trust me, I've heard it from numerous "sources". I also have no reason to doubt this source since they were involved in the whole mess. I was just saying he has a ton of coaching experience for how young he is, I never said he had a ton of Head Coaching experience. He has to start somewhere, why not in Montgomery County? Coach Hundley had no Head Coaching experience and now he's building a great program at Woodford.

Big difference between playing for Alice Lloyd and the experience you get playing for Vanderbilt University and Kevin Stallings.

And trust me, my source (singular) knows whether he was fired or not. Read between the lines.
mchs78 Wrote:Big difference between playing for Alice Lloyd and the experience you get playing for Vanderbilt University and Kevin Stallings.

And trust me, my source (singular) knows whether he was fired or not. Read between the lines.

Don't really mean much..... Ask Cordia...
"Don't really mean much..... Ask Cordia..."

Ha ha Ekff.... that's not nice.... lol...:thatsfunn

Let's give coach Hundley a few more years before we add him to the legends club. The 11 Region is brutal to say the least. Talent levels at Woodford historically are similar to county schools outside of the 11th,7th and 6th regions. That’s a tough place to build a dynasty.
In 3 or 4 years if he's still making deep runs in the 11th region, I think he should and would be considered one of the better coach in Ky.
Jay Johnsons don't just walk thru the door every year...
mchs78 Wrote:Big difference between playing for Alice Lloyd and the experience you get playing for Vanderbilt University and Kevin Stallings.

ekff Wrote:Don't really mean much..... Ask Cordia...

Touché!!!!! :notworthy
Does it take 10 years to prove you can coach?? I opinions like that are why we keep seeing the same old guys show up in different places, instead of coaches who are skilled being give a chance. The good ole boy system of hiring coaches does not always produce championships.
It doesn't matter where you play at or how successful you are as a player. It does help you in some sorts as a coach but I'm pretty sure Isiah Thomas has proven that it doesn't help you be a better coach. Other example, Michael Jordan trying to be a GM or Owner. Hundley is a good coach because of his time coaching at Scott County and MC. Josh is a good coach because of his time coaching a KCC and June Buchanan.
Thought Montgomery Co would go with a more experienced coach. Heard that none were applying. Interviews should be set up this next week. Will be interesting on who they interview.
Pages: 1 2 3