Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: JBS starting back program next year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
coalminer Wrote:I hear his son will be, but not to JBS.

Ok, that's what I heard too.
JBS had a good program a few years back. Id like to see them get back on their feet
coalminer Wrote:I hear his son will be, but not to JBS.

His son is tiny, i am guessing 1st grade or second. Already transfer talk??
thegr81 Wrote:His son is tiny, i am guessing 1st grade or second. Already transfer talk??

3rd grade..however I'd imagine he will probably always be kind of tiny.

He did play some middle school basketball when his Dad was the coach...
Seans boy is growing. He will be a decent sized man some day. He is a 3rd grader but he is young enough to be in the 2nd. He could of started on any 6th grade team in Knott or Perry County this year. He is the best young prospect 3rd grade and below in Eastern Kentucky. He dont have to have his dad coaching him in order to get to play. Any coach would want him.
I hear Coach Damron, will be at Carr Creek Elem. helping or as the head coach, not sure. Heard he visited there and would be there.
Do they have any four and five stars coming in this year?
I believe they would not have any problem gaining momentum with a sports program at JBS. There are too many kids needing playing time in the surrounding counties. Good to see interest in the school!
I have heard that JBS is starting back up their baseball and softball teams as well or maybe they already have.More schools in the area give kids an opportunity to play or make choices where they will go for academics or sports,nothing wrong with that.
Windsprint Wrote:I don't see the Stepp's having a major role because to my knowledge there are no little Stepp's left to play
On the contrary, they don't have any Stepp's "left to play" BUTONE DID JUST GRADUATE FROM THE CUMBERLANDS AND MAY WANT A COACHING GIG TO GET HIS CAREER STARTED![B]Just a thought! Smile I'm sure they will get him a job at the college or JBS ASAP[/B]
Clark is living in Lexington..grad school.

He is not loved in Knott County..not even a little.
Clark would make a fine coach. He is a hard worker and he knows the game. I would like to see the JBS program start back. There are just so many kids in the area that dont get a legit shot to play at the high schools that they are at.
HeGotGame Wrote:Clark is living in Lexington..grad school.

He is not loved in Knott County..not even a little.

I'm sure he could land a coaching Job at JBS if he wanted it
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm sure he could land a coaching Job at JBS if he wanted it

I'm positive you are right, however why would he want?

Regardless, it's not a very difficult position to obtain.. plus you have the factor of his father being the President of the college that supports JBS.

ANYWAY.. anymore talk of their program? I met their new coach a few days ago...
vundy33 Wrote:Congrats, good for them. Anyone have an accurate number of how many students are actually enrolled there??

Not enough.
But there should be enough in the Knott County system, and maybe a few surrounding counties such as Floyd, Perry, and Letcher, to help get their program back on its feet fairly soon.
HeGotGame Wrote:I'm positive you are right, however why would he want?

Regardless, it's not a very difficult position to obtain.. plus you have the factor of his father being the President of the college that supports JBS.

ANYWAY.. anymore talk of their program? I met their new coach a few days ago...

I don't think he would want it...
I'm just saying it's his to have.

I have a friend that got a ticket the other day for parking in Clint Stepp's parking spot if that tells you anything about it lol

but I'm on campus every day and I've heard nothing new at all.
They're just taking it one step at a time.
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't think he would want it...
I'm just saying it's his to have.

I have a friend that got a ticket the other day for parking in Clint Stepp's parking spot if that tells you anything about it lol

but I'm on campus every day and I've heard nothing new at all.
They're just taking it one step at a time.

I'm sure he or she was very happy about it..haha.
Pages: 1 2