Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK makes final list for Anthony Bennett
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ESPN.com has a report out today that Findlay Prep senior forward Anthony Bennett has narrowed his list of colleges to five schools.

And Kentucky is one of the school’s on the list.

The 6-foot-8 Bennett is still listing Florida, Kentucky, Oregon, UNLV and Washington.

He had previously made a visit to UK. He’s considered a top-10 prospect from the Class of 2012 and is expected to sign next month.

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydem...ng+blog%29
These next few weeks are going to be huge for UK...both on the court and on the recruiting trail.
to pick up Bennett and Noel along with Shabazz would be deadly.
I don't think Shabazz is coming. I believe he's headed to UCLA. That's where his parents want him to go
If Cal can get him, Shabazz, and Noel, we'd be preseason favorites next year no matter who returns. I really believe Shabazz will be the next NBA superstar that's one and done(since Derek Rose?). I also believe that UCLA leads for him. But don't ever count Cal out.
I would love for Bennett to sign with Kentucky.
If Shabazz goes to UCLA, we better find a way to get them on the schedule next year...preferably in Rupp Arena. Just to show him what he missed out on...
The UCLA program, (ENTIRE ATHLETIC PROGRAM) is in shambles.
A football coach that everyone hate and wont ever win after firing a guy who couldnt win.
And a basketball coach that doesnt know what he's doing.

If he seriously considers going to UCLA, i dont want him anyways because that would mean hes dumb as hell and he'd end up like fab melo next year.
New story out has Muhammed and Bennett still heavily considering hometown school UNLV

Las Vegas Sun: Bennett, Muhammed still seriously considering UNLV

Muhammed will wait till April 11th to decide, Bennett will wait till mid April. Something tells me they're both going to go to the same school
^
I dont understand what these kids see in wanting to go to a school like UNLV.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
I dont understand what these kids see in wanting to go to a school like UNLV.

I do, it's in their hometown. that's a huge deal for some recruits
I think he means besides that, of course...these kids can't really think they'll compete for a National Title at UNLV next year or get the exposure they'd get at bigger and better programs, like UK, Cuse, ect.

BUT, you never know, that's why we play the game.
^ Could not have said it better
vundy33 Wrote:I think he means besides that, of course...these kids can't really think they'll compete for a National Title at UNLV next year or get the exposure they'd get at bigger and better programs, like UK, Cuse, ect.

BUT, you never know, that's why we play the game.

i agree with the national title, which is why they're both still heavily interested in Kentucky, but 2 of the top high school players in country will get plenty of national exposure where ever they go. OJ Mayo went to USC and still got a ton of coverage.
toussaints Wrote:i agree with the national title, which is why they're both still heavily interested in Kentucky, but 2 of the top high school players in country will get plenty of national exposure where ever they go. OJ Mayo went to USC and still got a ton of coverage.

I know, but not as much as going to a blue-blood, or especially UK under Cal who is known for sending great players to the draft. I just think if they went with us or another blue-blood that they'd be in offenses where they can really show their full amount of skills, and be on primetime ESPN every other night...compared to hardly ever with UCLA/UNLV.
^ that's true

I'd like to see both come to UK, and I think they'll go to the same school, but UNLV might get them
Love to see him sign with UNLV.
He knows if he goes to UNLV he'll shoot the ball as much as he wants and average 20+ per game. At UK he'll average around 14 a game, but could be part of something special. Or maybe he just don't want the pressure of playing at a place like UK. Jones didn't at first, hence him first committing to Washington.
toussaints Wrote:^ that's true

I'd like to see both come to UK, and I think they'll go to the same school, but UNLV might get them

Shabazz seems kind of like a prima donna to me, so not really sure how great he'd fit in anyway. I think MKG's decision on if he'll stay or leave for the NBA will matter alot to Shabazz...
Bennett will be a monster in college and could potentially be added to a frontline that consists of Wiltjer, Noel, Cauley. That would be incredible to see a fourth elite player added to that mix!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Bennett will be a monster in college and could potentially be added to a frontline that consists of Wiltjer, Noel, Cauley. That would be incredible to see a fourth elite player added to that mix!

Don't forget about Archie Goodwin either...he's a 6'5 1/2/3 combo, he can play all three. I was VERY impressed after watching him in the dunk contest last night.

And after watching Shabazz in the McDonald's All-American dunk contest and his interview afterward, I am CONVINCED and that he AND Bennett are headed to Kentucky!

The two most important things to Shabazz when picking a program to attend...style of play and how he likes the coaches. That speaks for itself. I think that we just convinced Shabazz and Bennett to come to Kentucky after they've watched this team all year and especially this Final Four run! KENTUCKY BASKETBALL
Shabazz will be a Wildcat
vundy33 Wrote:Don't forget about Archie Goodwin either...he's a 6'5 1/2/3 combo, he can play all three. I was VERY impressed after watching him in the dunk contest last night.

And after watching Shabazz in the McDonald's All-American dunk contest and his interview afterward, I am CONVINCED and that he AND Bennett are headed to Kentucky!

The two most important things to Shabazz when picking a program to attend...style of play and how he likes the coaches. That speaks for itself. I think that we just convinced Shabazz and Bennett to come to Kentucky after they've watched this team all year and especially this Final Four run! KENTUCKY BASKETBALL
Poythress was in the dunk contest too.

That was two UK signees and two more that are possible. How cool would it be if all four of those guys signed with UK.

Need to get Poythress and Goodwin giving the sales pitch at this years McD game.