Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: top underclassmen in 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
who will be some of the top underclassmen in 2012 and are they getting any looks from colleges
Tates Creek will have a few sophmore contributors... Max Sweet (DB), Martavious Carter (RB/WR/KR), and Graham Gordon (QB).
The Rock will have a couple
The best two quarterbacks I saw in 8th grade last year were Zyaire Hughes from Lone Oak and Castle Hatcher from Somerset. I think Hughes is already drawing interest from some schools and may have even gotten a preliminary offer from Murray. Hatcher is a bit undersized but should be a stud in the future. Both should have bright careers ahead of them.
^
Hatcher from Somerset will be a beast in a few years.
Zach Mills from Whitley could potentially start as a Freshmen this year.
Sam Carr from Clay will contribute big in his upcoming sophomore year. He broke the school's single game rushing record this year as a freshman!
Hearing the name Aaron Jackson from Frankfort could make some noise. Seems to be flying under the radar.
Hunter Biven - OL - Apollo; States #1 rated lineman

Ryan White - DB - Trinity; Garnering offers from SEC, Big 10 and Big 12 teams

James Quick - WR - Trinity; Maybe the best player on Trinity's team this year, will be one of the best players in the nation in 2013

Kyle Bolin - QB - Lexington Catholic; If one player alone can beat the dynamic team of Highlands, the #1 QB in the state would be the one.

Jason Hatcher - DL - Trinity; Could be the best D-lineman in the nation
Stardust Wrote:Hunter Biven - OL - Apollo; States #1 rated lineman

Ryan White - DB - Trinity; Garnering offers from SEC, Big 10 and Big 12 teams

James Quick - WR - Trinity; Maybe the best player on Trinity's team this year, will be one of the best players in the nation in 2013

Kyle Bolin - QB - Lexington Catholic; If one player alone can beat the dynamic team of Highlands, the #1 QB in the state would be the one.

Jason Hatcher - DL - Trinity; Could be the best D-lineman in the nation

There is not one underclassmen on your list.
Trey Coleman, NG/FB, Paducah Tilghman. 400+ bench.
Here's one, Carson Williams-Owen county. for those who know sawyer williams from owen. Alot alike; he's 6'5 and will be a freshman next year. defiantly one to watch on the defensive side next year
Jalen Beal - RB/DB - Cov. Holy Cross
he'll be a junior next season, over 1200 yards of total offense. 13 tds, 3 ints, 3 fumble recoveries, scored 5 TDs against Somerset in the state semis.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Hatcher from Somerset will be a beast in a few years.
Zach Mills from Whitley could potentially start as a Freshmen this year.

Yeah Mills will be a big time player for you guys. I got to see that semifinal game in 8th grade D1 and he was easily the best player on the field IMO.
What is an "underclassman"? Is it 9th and 10th or 9, 10, 11? In my earlier post I mentioned 3 freshmen that lettered at Tates Creek this year. I watched their Maroon/White game last Thursday and (sophmore to be) QB Graham Gordon threw for 225 yards, ran for 42 yards, with 2 TD passes... I'd keep my eye on this underclassman... Now, if it's 9, 10, and 11 then there are a lot of Juniors that will contribute as well...
Damian Logan... Garrard County in coming freshman, 6'4" 285. He will get some looks.
Brent Holman - Bourbon County - RB, LB will be a sophmore was second leading tackler on team last year with 116, hard working kid the sky is the limit for him and the Colonels this upcoming season... GO BC !!!
Dominique Hawkins most underrated would be a killer safety if coach played him on defense
This is the roster of current 8th graders that have been selected for the Future Stars game. These players were selected from all over Kentucky and they will play Tennessee on June 16 in Louisville. IMO there have to be some of these boys that should be Top Underclassman in 2012. Does anyone know anything about any of the boys that made this team? If so, please list the school they attend and a little info about them. Also list any you think might get some playing time at the varsity level. I would love to hear a little more about these boys besides just their name.

KENTUCKIANA FUTURE STARS 8TH GRADE ROSTER

BRYANT COLVIN
WELLS PURDOM
REQUAN GRIER
JACK MORELAND
DARRELL COLYAR
CHARLES SMALLWOOD
DRAKE JACKSON
DARION NEWBOLT
DAVID DANIELS
VINCINT LACOCO
DAVID HARRIS
DEVON KEY
JAMISON WHITE
JERROME COHN
NICHOLAS ALEVRAS
BLAKE ASHER
AUBREY HAYNES
MARCUS CLARK
RONNIE SMITH
KEYONTAE PARRIS
OMARI ALEXANDER
TERRELL SCRUGGS
MYRON NORFLEET
CLAY BOLIN
HUNTER TRUEMAN
WYATT BLEVINS
DEREK DORSEY
COLIN CARPENTER
TYLER GARCIA
NATHAN MURRAY
ISIAH ARNOLD
TUCKER DONION
TYLER LYTTLE
DEREK GRIFFIN
SETH HOUCHENS
DAMON LOWE
DEVIN GENTRY
LANDON HURST
REECE WEST
ZYAIRE HUGHES
KEION WAKEFIELD
MALIK FRANK
JORDAN THOMPSON
LAVONTRE SKINNER
MATTHEW SMITH
MASON ALSTATT
LOGAN JAMES
CASTLE HATCHER
NOAH TUBRIDY
DOMINIC HOLLY
Brandon Jones..
zyaire hughes from loneoak runs a 4.45 40 runs hard and can catch or throw the ball.straight ahead runner and runs hard.he will get alot of pklaying time as freshman.wells purdom,6'2" 250lbs lead his 8th grade team in tackles has quick feet very hard to block.he might get some playing time as a freshman but he has several upperclassman ahead of him.he is also from loneoak.both the boys played for the team ky.drake jackson big offensive lineman heard was going to get alot of playing time for lex cath.he also played for team ky.those are the ones i know the most about and have talked to their coaches.
Andrew Griffith fr- a freshman who could possibly start for Williamsburg even with the whole receiving core from last year returning.

Jefferson Patrick so- 149 tackles as freshman last year

Skylar Griffith so- all state as a freshman. He has grown about 3 inches and gained about 15lbs
Quinton Baker incoming freshman @ Ashland already been pulled up to varsity possibly start or at very least see significant playtime, at RB,WR, C.
This kid has got some burners and is a extremely gifted athlete.
Cody Estep---soph.---Pikeville.
Paintsville- Luke Trimble and Cash Daniels. Both started Varsity basketball as 8th graders and won in postseason. 8th grade team made state all star championship game and both made middle school All Star team. Luke was defensive MVP and Cash went on to play in Texas. He's drawn some interest from Miss St already will be a really nice sized kid by the time he graduates (already is).
Lawrence Co- Grant is probably the most polished QB I've seen coming in as a Freshman at LC since Jason Michael led them to the final 4 in 97. Already around 6'1 and his brother was the previous QB. He's a leader and will be a nice QB his last couple of years.
Ashland- As mentioned Quinten Baker is a nice athlete. His dad was Al Baker who was a freak high school player. He was a track star but also fullback at UK.

Somerset/Pulaski/Pulaski SW had some really good looking kids at the state championship games in middle school.
Lex Cath has an outstanding RB that will be a Freshman this year. His name slips me but he is awesome!
Frankfort had a monster skill kid at the championship game but don't know his name.

Just some of the kids I've seen that will be outstanding players through high school I think.
Derek Overstreet - DE/LB Paducah Tilghman - class of 2014. 6-3, 220. First team all West Ky. Conference as a soph. Fifth at state track meet in shot put.
I believe Garrard Co. Has several key underclassman. Jt Lyon as linebacker and rb, jaylen McPherson as wide out, lee Collins on the line, as well as Davian Logan on the line. Watch out for all of the above. The Lyon kid help make some plays last year in post season.
From 5A District 7- Madison Southern Damien Harris, already with 8 D1 offers including Michigan and Tenn.
Brandon Butcher- RB and Bryce Workman-QB freshman from Sheldon Clark. Both are incredibly athletic. They're two out of a great class at SC.