Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby County Coach Rick Parsons Resigns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shelby County coach Rick Parsons has resigned after going 10-49 in two seasons at SCHS.
I was surprised when they hired him. I don't believe he's ever been successful anywhere he's been, and he's been at several schools.
I'm still a big SCHS supporter after the addition of Collins, this was a poor hire from the beginning. They should have won more games this year, and probably could have with a different style of play. Alot of selfish play, and zero fundamentals....the next coach has a long road to go, as I think basketball has taken the biggest hit with the split...., basketball is young again next year.
So who would want the SC job? I think SC should go after a young asst somewhere who wants to build a program. Somebody who knows the 8th region. Any ideas on who might want the job?
I think the perfect fit would be Bryan Hyatt. Bryan Hyatt has been the #1 asst at Anderson County for 12 years now. Bryan is as ready as anybody to build and lead a high school program. I dont think dedication or knowledge of the game would be an issue at all!!! Give him a few years at SCHS and you will see a winning bball team again!!!

Young, energetic, waiting for his chance, very basketball smart- This would be a great fit between Bryan Hyatt & SCHS.
LOL I guess if Ricky P can go from UK to UL then SC can take a coach from Anderson.

Someone like Hyatt should be the type of coach they go after.
I think that Bryan Hyatt would be a great hire. He is young and ready! Bring SCHS back to the promise land....Hire Hyatt, before some other School gets him!!
Schs42 Wrote:I'm still a big SCHS supporter after the addition of Collins, this was a poor hire from the beginning. They should have won more games this year, and probably could have with a different style of play. Alot of selfish play, and zero fundamentals....the next coach has a long road to go, as I think basketball has taken the biggest hit with the split...., basketball is young again next year.

I agree. Coach Parsons was not a very good coach at all. They should have won more games these past two years. When you don't have many athletes or tall players, you slow down the game not try to speed it up. He tried to play a style that did not fit his team. The teams they have had the past two years weren't as bad as their record showed, they just didn't have a good coach. I hope SC finds a good boys coach willing to rebuild the program just like the girls coach is doing.
Sowers was a perfect hire for the girls, done an excellent job so far.
Shelby program is down, but they have a nice group of freshman, 8th, 7th grade class and the best point guard in the 8th region in Wallace, who was a sophmore. Shelby needs someone to come in and take a program who is willing to evaluate what they have and work hard on developing his material and not have a chip on his shoulder because of what he don't have.
SO who is the right person for the job? Any names out there flying around yet?
I've heard rumors that Eastern head coach Jason Couch wants the job.
Ive heard a lot of names thrown around with this job: Jason Couch, Scott Chalk, Randy McCoy, Bryan Hyatt, Jeff Long, Norris Beckley to name some of them.

Does anybody have any idea who they are interviewing or when anything will be done?
Hefty Lefty Wrote:Ive heard a lot of names thrown around with this job: Jason Couch, Scott Chalk, Randy McCoy, Bryan Hyatt, Jeff Long, Norris Beckley to name some of them.

Does anybody have any idea who they are interviewing or when anything will be done?

I'd say they will hire a coach by the end of the school year.
From Jason Frakes' Twitter:

"Shelby County scheduled to introduce its new boys' basketball coach Wednesday; if rumors true, Rockets about to make a splash."
Im hearing it's Josh Cook, assisstant at Montgomery Co. I dont really understand how that is going to be much of a "splash"?
Now Im hearing that it could still be Couch from Eastern. That would be a bigger splash I guess? Who knows?
Funny how Parsons has a job at union college...
Oh wait, his mom is on the board..
80k plus an apartment?
Tommy2tone Wrote:Funny how Parsons has a job at union college...
80k plus an apartment?

What is his job title at Union College?
Tommy2tone Wrote:Funny how Parsons has a job at union college...
80k plus an apartment?
And you believe who told you???
Hefty Lefty Wrote:Now Im hearing that it could still be Couch from Eastern. That would be a bigger splash I guess? Who knows?

I've heard Couch mentioned a couple of times. Guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see.
Couch would be a great hire.I love his style