Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tebow to the Jets.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Jets traded a 4th round pick to the Broncos for Tebow.

I think Sanchez is terrible. Welcome QB controversy. This should be interesting.
I think the Jets gave up to much giving away that 4th round pick.
Not only is Sanchez horrible, so is Tebow.
I do love wathing them destroy their program though...
I think Tebow given a chance can succeed. There is not a running QB that has his skill set. I hate that he went to the circus with Rex the ringmaster.
^ Jets and Bronco's play a very similar style. I think this could work
I hope Tebow is starting in time for the Broncos/Jets game and I hope he makes Elway eat $hit~ Anyways....GO REDSKINS, lol~!
Jets are crazy...you bring in a guy right behind the supposed "star QB" who is probably the pussiest QBin the NFL..Jets are going to crash and burn, hard.

Hell, Cromartie was just on Twitter this morning talking about how much they didn't need nor want Tebow, lol...
Tebow doesn't fit in with the Jets either. That is like putting the Pope at PG for Cincy.
I like Tebow and I hope he does well but I do not think there is any way this ends up as anything but a complete trainwreck.
[Image: y0sh0ztsecffmy221daa.jpeg]

This tweet tells everything about how this upcoming season will be for the Jets. Which I could care less about the Jets but, I just hate that Tebow got traded to them!
bring on the QB drama :popcorn:
Trade may be on hold due to contrat language.
FBALL Wrote:Trade may be on hold due to contrat language.

Yeah, I saw that! They mentioned that the he has, I believe it was 6.2 million due to him, and the Broncos have only paid 1.2 so far and the Jets would assume the responsibility of the remaining 5 million if the trade went final.

They also mentioned that a team like the Rams may try to sneak in and make a deal while the current one is at a standstill.
Let's watch all the bandwagon jumps now.
Tebow may not be a Jet just yet. Both teams have hit a snag that could make the trade fall apart

After word spread rapidly Wednesday that the New York Jets had acquired quarterback Tim Tebow from Denver for draft picks, the teams have encountered a hang-up in the language in Tebow's contract that could nullify the trade, a Broncos source tells ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

In Tebow's contract is a $6.2 million salary advance, of which $1.2 million already has been paid by Denver, sources told Schefter. The difference of $5 million is still advanced against his future salary, and that burden would shift to the Jets in a trade. The Jets, sources said, believe the Broncos should owe Tebow that money.

The trade, then, will not be finalized until the sides resolve their differences over which should pay the money coming to Tebow.

The teams agreed to the terms of the trade -- the Jets dealt fourth-round and sixth-round selections in 2012 in exchange for Tebow and a 2012 seventh-rounder from Denver -- before the Broncos asked New York to pay back a portion of bonuses and salary already paid to Tebow, sources told Schefter.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/...ource-says
I hope Jacksonville gets him. That's possible at the moment.
Tebow, wherever you land. I'm with ya!

So glad he didn't go to the Jets though, I hate the Jets!
That tweet that Lee posted was AFTER the deal was made, by the way, haha.

I love Tebow, and I'll like and watch him wherever he goes. I just don't want to see him have to go through that drama that is inevitable with New York.
There will be no QB drama.
Sanchez will start and the Jets will start using some type of wildcat formation with Tebow in it and use Tebow at fullback and maybe even as a reciever coming out of the back field.

Tebow is a good athlete, i never said he wasnt. He is NOT a good QB however and isnt the answer for any teams QB problems.
Hate the Jets, but I can't root against Tebow. If he plays, I'll hope he plays well, but the Jets lose, lose, lose.
Here is what will happen......the Jets will struggle at the beginning of the year, the fans will lobby for Tebow to start...Ryan will start Tebow....he will have some good/not so good games.....then for the rest of the year Ryan will go between the two quarterbacks......in the end the Jets will still suck.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:There will be no QB drama.
Sanchez will start and the Jets will start using some type of wildcat formation with Tebow in it and use Tebow at fullback and maybe even as a reciever coming out of the back field.

Tebow is a good athlete, i never said he wasnt. He is NOT a good QB however and isnt the answer for any teams QB problems.

You really believe that? There will be more drama than "Days of our lives".

Sanchez is bad. He is also a basket case. You're right Tebow is not a so called "pro style" QB. But he has skills no other QB does. I think the brain trust in the NFL is too closed minded. It would take a scary commitment but I think it can work.

Not in this case though. Drama. They will start chanting for Tebow as soon as Sanchez has a bad game. That should be pre season. It will be a circus.
I predict that Tebow does get a chance at the starting job. Sanchez confidence is fragile as it is, let alone with the most popular player in NFL history being his back up. He has a few bad games and the fans will start the Tebow chant.
^ I agree with you Aslan, Sanchez will lose his job, and he will likely lose it not because Tebow is better but Sanchez will have a complete breakdown.

Dusty's Prediction for the Future: We will read stories in 10 years about Sanchez being face down in a crackhouse due to his fragile psyche, while Tebow will be the BIGGEST TV evangelist of all time!!!
I really don't think Sanchez is as "fragile" as you guys think...alot of that reputation is due to the ridiculous New York media.
He's not fragile he's just bad and he panics under pressure. At least Tebow can get away from a pass rush and keep his head. Dirty Sanchez is just a big steaming pile back there.
The biggest reason I like this is that the media in New York,which is over rated will be allowed to make this the biggest story in football, and with Sanchez starts to stink this might be blown up as the biggest story of the year in any sport.

I do think TEBOW fits in nicely with the Jets and their coach is just crazy enough to find a way to put him in the right packages to make it work.
I hope he has good year