Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (Rumor)Paintsville Job Open
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did the paintsville basketball coach get fired that is a rumor that is going round
Make sure to make the thread topics relevant guys Smile
and if anyone has any info please share before we move this one
Sorry you can remove this thread if you like . It is just a rumor and was just trying to find out if it's true
Not real sure about the job, but I do know he as not been at the school for the last 3 days. I understand that he left upset on Monday and has not returned.
Former Cheerleader Wrote:Not real sure about the job, but I do know he as not been at the school for the last 3 days. I understand that he left upset on Monday and has not returned.
Does anyone have any information on what happened Monday?
From what I hear he was asked to resign.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:From what I hear he was asked to resign.
Too much politics at Paintsville. The football coach and now the basketball coach have had their feet cut out from under them.
IBleedTrueBlue Wrote:Too much politics at Paintsville. The football coach and now the basketball coach have had their feet cut out from under them.

and people thought Johnson Central politics were bad, sheesh. :dontthink Anyway, I hope this isn't true because Ratliff is a very young coach that will have success in time when the talent comes back around at Paintsville. Let's not be so dumb to forget he did take over the team the year after they won region with a HEAVY HEAVY senior dominated team (even had one of our boys ConfusednickerSmile.
Well put JCHSEAGLE
If this proves to be true I honestly think it is a mistake because of the lack of talent over the past few years. Ratliff is the guy for the job if he could just get the mommys out of the way.
Seems to be the trend... parents don't see the lack of talent, they think their kids are superstars regardless of the truth and it's all the coaches fault for their lack of success.
JCHSEAGLE Wrote:and people thought Johnson Central politics were bad, sheesh. :dontthink Anyway, I hope this isn't true because Ratliff is a very young coach that will have success in time when the talent comes back around at Paintsville. Let's not be so dumb to forget he did take over the team the year after they won region with a HEAVY HEAVY senior dominated team (even had one of our boys ConfusednickerSmile.

Well, you have now made it to every Tiger sport thread. Welcome to Troll Status.

Yeah...we had one of yours. BUT, Floyd Co could say the same thing about BOTH of us....."Confusednicker:".
LCDawg Wrote:Seems to be the trend... parents don't see the lack of talent, they think their kids are superstars regardless of the truth and it's all the coaches fault for their lack of success.

That is the problem with most programs that struggle. Always the coaches fault. Forget, that not one player could make the all region team, but they expect you to compete with teams that have a couple of kids that go on to play college basketball. To many parents think that Johnny is an all-state guard!!!!
Boy I hpoe this is not true. The guy had to start 3 eighth graders and if I am not mistaken they won as many or more games than when BMR started Landon,JD,Bundy in their eighth grade year. He will do well with the young kids the next few years.
Since this is a rumor thread.......then let me add to the rumor mill. I heard that Ratliff's biggest problem may be an assistant that's wanting his job.....not being asked to resign.
From what I heard today he WAS NOT fired. He is still the HCIC for now.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:From what I heard today he WAS NOT fired. He is still the HCIC for now.

He signed a one year contract sometime last week. Still the head coach!
I can say one thing. If he were to be fired, I am sure that, like every coaching job in every sport at PHS, the job would be Bill Mike's if he wants it.
Diogenes Wrote:I can say one thing. If he were to be fired, I am sure that, like every coaching job in every sport at PHS, the job would be Bill Mike's if he wants it.

cant argure that!!
Olderthandirt Wrote:Since this is a rumor thread.......then let me add to the rumor mill. I heard that Ratliff's biggest problem may be an assistant that's wanting his job.....not being asked to resign.
Very interesting concept Mr. O t D.
Diogenes Wrote:I can say one thing. If he were to be fired, I am sure that, like every coaching job in every sport at PHS, the job would be Bill Mike's if he wants it.
and people wonder why Paintsville sports have gone down hill. duhhhh:ChairHit:
JCHSEAGLE Wrote:and people wonder why Paintsville sports have gone down hill. duhhhh:ChairHit:

BMR is now a bad Basketball coach? I love your logic.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:BMR is now a bad Basketball coach? I love your logic.
PTFan, use your brain and quit trying to make it into something it's not. I quoted another post that said "any coaching job at PHS would be BMR's if he wanted it." Nowhere in my post did I indicate that BMR was a bad basketball coach. To say that would simply be ignorant because they guy won during his term at PHS. However, I do think it's bad that Runyon could have any coaching position he wants just because Paintsville doesn't have the nerve to tell him no. This is basically what happened with the whole football coaching change when the fired Jason Kinner to bring a guy back who coached for one year and then quit coaching when he graduated 15+ seniors........also, I love your logic.