Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 16 - Jackson County 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Congrats Bulldogs!
Hazard seen another great outing on the mound for the second game in a row. This one was from 8th grade southpaw Wells. Wells was brought into a tough situation in the 1st inning. Hazard, down 2-0, bases loaded and just 1 out. He went right to work striking out the first two batters he faced to end the inning. He showed great control and poise (70% strikes). Finished the game with 12 K's and shutting down Jackson Co. Hazard's offense was strong from top to bottom led by Austin Johnson who went 3 for 4.:Thumbs:
jackson county was ahead 2-0 till 5th inning changed pitchers went down hill fast
I was told from someone who went to the Middlesboro vs. Jackson County game that they weren't too bad. They had a pitcher on the mound against the Jackets that made it very competitive.

They aren't a pushover. 16 runs is very solid against them.
foley war Wrote:jackson county was ahead 2-0 till 5th inning changed pitchers went down hill fast
Hazard was up 5-2 with one out and a runner on first when they pulled Duncan. The runner on first was his and he scored later in the inning. 6 runs were charged to Duncan. I think they brought in Whitehead at that point.
The kid that pitched against Middlesboro was probably Chance Westerfield. He's a senior that just signed today to play baseball at Alice Lloyd. He's about all they have though.
Yes, I remember Westerfield back when he was playing on Laurel's little league team. Kid has always been a smooth player with good hands. Haven't had the chance to see him on the mound in couple years. Great to hear he is landing someone and is going to play at the next level. Best of luck to him.
Rollitover Wrote:Hazard seen another great outing on the mound for the second game in a row. This one was from 8th grade southpaw Wells. Wells was brought into a tough situation in the 1st inning. Hazard, down 2-0, bases loaded and just 1 out. He went right to work striking out the first two batters he faced to end the inning. He showed great control and poise (70% strikes). Finished the game with 12 K's and shutting down Jackson Co. Hazard's offense was strong from top to bottom led by Austin Johnson who went 3 for 4.:Thumbs:
Nathan Stupart also performed well at the plate going 4-5. I think hazard has enough offensive weapons and a solid enough defense to compete for the region crown