Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2012-13 A look ahead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
who do you think will be the top teams...In 13 14 15 region these are what i think of each don't know alot about 14 and 15 these or not in order..

13 region
harlan county
jackson county
clay county
north
pineville
knox
south

14 region
hazard
perry
knott

15 region
johnson
clark
I'm not real familiar with the 13th but this is how I see it

13th
Clay
Harlan County
North

14th
Knott
Breathitt
Perry
Hazard

15th
Sheldon Clark
Johnson Central
Betsy Layne
East ridge (if Ray and Tony come back)

The 14th is the only region I have in order
13th

Harlan County
North Laurel
Clay County

Knox Central
South Laurel
Pineville
Corbin
Middlesboro
Harlan Co and Clay Co will have good seasons, but, if Harlan Co cant find a consistent shooter they will again exit the region early. Who knows with Clay Co, they will be solid though. North would get my vote as pre-season #1.

1 North Laurel
2 Clay Co
3 Harlan Co
4 South Laurel
5 Knox Central
[quote=hoops_town]Harlan Co and Clay Co will have good seasons, but, if Harlan Co cant find a consistent shooter they will again exit the region early. Who knows with Clay Co, they will be solid though. North would get my vote as pre-season #1.

In my opinion, it would benefit Harlan Co greatly to beaf up their schedule. I think the only ranked team Harlan Co played last year was Perry Central. I would suggest that playing maybe 4-6 games against some of the better teams in the state would prepare the Bears for the end of the year tournaments. Of course, we can say the same about most 13th region contenders.
who all is coming back next year with each team..clay i think is losing four of there top 7 and north is losing 3 harlan losing 1 pineville everbody is back so i don't know any other teams....
hoops_town Wrote:Harlan Co and Clay Co will have good seasons, but, if Harlan Co cant find a consistent shooter they will again exit the region early. Who knows with Clay Co, they will be solid though. North would get my vote as pre-season #1.

1 North Laurel
2 Clay Co
3 Harlan Co
4 South Laurel
5 Knox Central

I don't know if Carson and Henson were any more consistent than Harlan County's guards. Henson hit five of seven in the finals, but he wasn't a factor in other games. Reed was a great shooter at times for Clay, especially against Harlan County, but not so good in other games I saw.
Basketball Coach Wrote:who all is coming back next year with each team..clay i think is losing four of there top 7 and north is losing 3 harlan losing 1 pineville everbody is back so i don't know any other teams....

I'll have all that in a story later in the week.
Jackson County loses its two best players. I don't know if they are a top 10 team as it stands now. I hear Wagers is there now though, if he can get eligible. Is Fox also returning?
Here's mine...

14th Region
Knott
Breathitt
Perry

15th Region
Johnson Central
East Ridge
Sheldon Clark
so wagers when to jackson county and if fox come back there then thing will look good for them....
HDE Wrote:I'll have all that in a story later in the week.
Jackson County loses its two best players. I don't know if they are a top 10 team as it stands now. I hear Wagers is there now though, if he can get eligible. Is Fox also returning?

I was told this past week that Fox will be back at Jackson Co.
HDE
Cheerleader
Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Basketball Coach
who all is coming back next year with each team..clay i think is losing four of there top 7 and north is losing 3 harlan losing 1 pineville everbody is back so i don't know any other teams....

I'll have all that in a story later in the week.

lets here that story man....
I don't think Harlan County can be ranked first, since they have failed to win a game in the regional tournament under Mike Jones. I think they will have a very good team, but I can't see them winning the region with this group of older kids.

I'd put North Laurel first. They won the region and they're really not losing any big contributors. I would put Clay County next, followed by Harlan County. I think Pineville and Knox Central would round out the top five.
Is that a psychological theory? I think the 27 wins proved they had a pretty good team. They picked a bad time to lose though.

Bell won the region in 2011. They lost in the first round in 2010 and didn't make it to the regional in 2009.

Cumberland won in 2003. I think 1994 was the last win before that.

Harlan won in 93. I don't think they had won a regional game since 80.

Jones has won four regional titles. Pietrowski has three, I think. Sizemore has one now. Strange has one. The other four guys have none.
Honestly think Harlan Co. has the best overall individual players returning, all things considered (not saying that North/Clay/Corbin/Pineville/etc don't have good players as well). Question remains whether they will mesh into the best TEAM.
13th region- Harlan Co. had a good season, they just went cold at the wrong time.
If Wagers and Fox have moved to Jackson, my top 10 would look like this.
1. North Laurel
2. Harlan Co.
3. Pineville
4. Clay Co.
5. Jackson Co.
6. Middlesboro
7. Knox Central
8. South Laurel
9. Corbin
10. Bell Co.

Top 3 in the 14th
1. Knott Co.
2. Perry Central
3. Hazard
Knott Co., Perry Co., and Hazard could all be top 25 teams in the state by season end. Harlan Co. is just now building a solid program in the 13th. In my opinion this was the first year they have had a team that could make some noise in the region. I look for them to get over the top next year and get to Rupp. Next season should be the most balanced 13th region in recent memory for me. Corbin and South has just been that much better than everyone else over the past several years other than last season. Clay Co. should have won the region last year, but was upset. Bell Co. got hot at the right time much like North this year. I guess that is just the way sports goes at times Good Luck to all teams in the 13th and 14th next year.
Tobin Frost Wrote:Honestly think Harlan Co. has the best overall individual players returning, all things considered (not saying that North/Clay/Corbin/Pineville/etc don't have good players as well). Question remains whether they will mesh into the best TEAM.

I have to agree with Tobin here, after watching many games in the 13th this past year, Harlan Co has the most individual talent. With that being said, they have to mesh together and become a team. If they do that, I think they are the best team hands down.
Guys let's leave the kids out of this. This thread is about Rating The Regions not what team has who and who is going where.
Strikeout King Wrote:Guys let's leave the kids out of this. This thread is about Rating The Regions not what team has who and who is going where.

All I said is that Clay will be better because the JV center was better. That plays into why I feel Clay and Harlan will be the best two teams.

That has nothing to do with Wagers himself. He chose to leave, and I just say Clay will not miss him.
So quit deleting my post. I said nothing about Jackson County trying to recruit or many other things that I could have said.
I didn't get to see them, but I heard Clay had a solid JV team.
But if the JV center was better, why was Wagers playing 25 minutes a game and the JV center was playing five?
HDE Wrote:I didn't get to see them, but I heard Clay had a solid JV team.
But if the JV center was better, why was Wagers playing 25 minutes a game and the JV center was playing five?

Jv center did not play any. Wagers played because coach knew he would quit if did not get the minutes.
Jv center had not played before this year, but got the better of Wagers every day in practice by the end of the year before he broke his hand. Clay had several more guys that could play , but Coach Marcum is more comfortable with a 6 or 7 man rotation.
Wagers knew he was leaving before regional tourney, and went to Jackson very next day after Clay lost. This may have accounted for his poor play in the regional tourney. Per Jackson coach's mother, they are giving his step dad an assistant coaching job.
He has threatened to leave every year since his 8th grade year. Even missing first two weeks of school his sophomore year saying he was going to South, but came back to Clay as soon as South's school started.
Please keep it under control and keep the kids out of it or we will be forced to close the thread. Thank You.
Doesnt Pulaski return their whole team?
Yes. And I also know from a reliable source they are going to have a BIG surprise in the middle also. Do to steve wright opening the recruiting door up
The 16th region will come down to Fleming County and Russell.
Come down to Russell and Fleming. You're deranged. You have Ashland, who lost 4 egos to be replaced with solid contributors. Boyd will be a contender. Rowan won't be a pushover despite the losses.
Russell will win 16th region. Mark my words:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam:devilflam
14th region will have 10 point guards.
Boyd,Fleming and Russell all will be in the hunt for the 16th title .
Pages: 1 2