Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hines Ward Retires a Steeler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hines Ward announced today that he is retiring a Steeler, saying, "This is the right thing to do". I think all Steelers fans are forever grateful for the work ethic Ward always brought to the field. What some call dirty we call old fashioned hard work. He enjoyed hitting someone as much as catching a pass. He played football the way it was played years ago. One thing Ward never brought to the field was attitude or a selfish agenda. He is truly one of the best to ever play the game. If the Steelers are smart, they will hire him immediately as a coach. His knowledge of the game is invaluable. As a player, he will be truly missed. There will never be another. :notworthy

http://profootball.scout.com/2/1169529.html
He def had some football left in him, and to retire because the steelers didnt want him anymore is crazy
It's sad to see someone who has been so committed to their team and done nothing but good things for a team and a city, be treated like this! The least that the Steelers could have done would have been to sign him for one more year! Since they wouldn't, this was definitely the right thing to do for him.
Just wouldn't have looked right, nor felt right to see Hines in another uniform.
I'm still dumbfounded that the Steelers could not make room for him. I agree with the above, he still had football in him. Maybe not 40 plays per game, but I'd put Ward on my field for 15 plays per game. Steelers may have holes if they don't get guys signed, thus Ward would have been insurance.
Just makes me hate the Steelers even more because they did this to Hines. Hated seeing him in that shape...we'll miss ya man!
Bye hines.
Glad i wont have to see you play anymore.
Should make the Ravens win over the Steelers this year much easier.
I love Hines Ward. He's one of my favorite players ever.