Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Word of warning for the parents and fans of Fairview and Montgomery County baseball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just wanted to give you all a heads up about the condition of the Cocoa Expo center this spring after seeing that you will be traveling down there. We (Rockcastle County) went down there this past week. If you have been there before, don't expect much. All of the pictures on their website is DRAWINGS of what they expect it to be laid out and looking like next year at the quickest. It looks nothing like that right now as they make it sound nice with a water park and lots to do. It was run down when we went down there two years ago to some degree, but, at least all of the fields were decent and you could play several teams. They probably can't handle more than three or four teams right now at a time in a week. There is only ONE operating field which is the stadium and the parents and fans aren't allowed to sit in the grandstands as they are painting and conditioning them for bleachers. You have to sit in a small area past third base or you can sit at the fence past the outfield if the machinery isn't working. We had to travel for a game to a local high school and they worked in our JV games at the stadium as well...again with us sitting outside the left field fence. I felt like we didn't get much BANG for our many bucks and we missed a nice week of weather here in Kentucky. Just a friendly warning about the place...it is a wreck everywhere but the dugouts and the field of the stadium which are rebuilt except for the non working toilets in the dugouts.
Papagrit what website exactly tells you who the matchups are and what teams have entered? The website I've seen shows nothing like that just gives a entry form
Strikeout King Wrote:Papagrit what website exactly tells you who the matchups are and what teams have entered? The website I've seen shows nothing like that just gives a entry form

Here is the website where I saw they were supposed to play down there which is the KHSAA website.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../spec_7355

Here is the website for the Expo.

http://www.cocoaexpo.com/baseball

The pictures of the place are drawings on the website and the pictures of the kids playing ball don't look like they were even taken at the Expo because they had a BLACK fence around the grandstand field and I don't think they had a yellow liner on top of it...but I'm not sure about that. The video on the website taken in a stadium is NOT the stadium at the Expo. I will include one picture where you can see the stadium (non)seating in the background of the Cocoa Expo's main grandstand from outside left field toward home plate. Compare this picture of the only working field at the Expo with the grandstand in the background of the men talking in that video.

All in all, the boys DID get some baseball in and it just happened that the weather was great up here in Kentucky. But the website is misleading about the Expo and what they have going on there and I wanted the parents and coaches of these two teams to know what they are getting into.
LCC went to the cocoa expo a couple of years ago and I was not impressed. The facilities were run down and outdated. I have seen where they are talking alot about improving the facilities but if they have not been improved since we went dont expect much! The website kinda leads you to believe that these improvements have already been made. Seems like more and more schools are going the Myrtle Beach route.
Fleming County is going the first week of April.
Well, the facilities were run down before at the Expo...and now they are pretty much non existent except for one field where the parents can't even sit in the bleachers. We attended the Expo two and three years ago. What I hate is how they make you think everything is already set up when it isn't set up at all.
ttt