Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central and J-Town Updates!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
J-Town 21 - 16            2:21 left in the half.
At the Half J-Town leads Johnson Central 31 - 20 at the half as easly for J-town hit a 25 foot shot at the horn.
Anyone who wants to can see the live box scores here:
http://www.cybersportsusa.com/webgames/w...6630pm.asp

Or listen on the KHSAA radio at
http://khsaa.ezstream.com/
Wow. JC started out hanging right in there. Were even within 3 points. But the last minute or two of the first half, Jeffersontown seemed to build some momentum that is definitely still going. 41 to 24.
42-27
45 to 29. Scoring has really picked up from the first half.
45-29
JC has only had three free throw chances all game. They also haven't gotten as many shots as Jtown. Kyle Rice has picked up all four of his fouls here in the 3rd quarter. 48 to 29 with about 2 left in the 3rd.
'Scuse me. 50 to 29.
50 to 31, got two made free throws, a steal, and a 3 from McCarty to make it 50 to 34.
And another steal and a layup to make it 50 to 36.
50-36 at the end of 3
Ian Welch just seems to be stealing like crazy. Too bad he missed the layup. And McCarty just missed another shot. Still the same score. Little less than 7 to play.
52-39, but a Jtown layup plus a blocking foul. Ware shooting 1, I think. Couldn't hear that part very well. 55-39 with 6 minutes. Foul on Jtown.
Kyle Rice has fouled out of what is most likely his last high school game. Great job Kyle, and congrats on the Regional Tourney MVP.  Score is 59-39.
63-45. JC two quick threes, but just tried and missed a third. 2:43 left. JC's ball. Short three, Jtown rebound. Block by Blanton, with a foul. Jtown at the free throw line.
66-45, 1:40. Coach Starns is letting some of the young kids play. Joe Whitaker and James Blankenship currently in. 66-47, layup by Welch. About one minute. Under one minute, JC ball again. Justin Murray shooting FTs.
JC playing Zach Sergent and Jeremy Bratton and Josiah Reno. Jtown has subs in (not familiar with who plays regularly, sorry.) Final, 68 to 49. Jtown goes to 29-3, if I heard right. Ceedrick Ware of Jtown is the player of the game.
Jamie McCarty won the "Unbridled Spirit Award," if anyone wanted to know. Way to go Jamie! (I didn't know they had such a thing.)
Congrats Jamie..Idk what that is, but congrats.
I hadn't heard of it either. The explanation they gave was something like... to the player who played the hardest and never gave up, even when playing from so far behind.
So is it like an MVP type thing??

Or not..lol
lol. I think it's more of a consolation prize that goes to someone from the losing team. But I still say good job. I think it can definitely be harder to play like you care and do your best when you're behind than when you're winning.
True, true.
[quote author=Eagle03/06 link=topic=20924.msg212076#msg212076 date=1142472033]
Jamie McCarty won the "Unbridled Spirit Award," if anyone wanted to know. Way to go Jamie! (I didn't know they had such a thing.)
[/quote]

Congrats Jamie!  You deserve it