Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Graves Co. 42 Russell 27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final Russell got out played in every part of the game.  They took way to many threes.
Graves defense was just to much.Another poor showing for the 16th region.Shame,Morgan or Fairview would have faired better I think.
Congrats to the Devils on a great season.

Russell has won a state title in football, their 1st region title in basketball in a long time, and the Govenors Cup all in the past 4 months.  The Russell Independent School system has a lot to be proud of.
[quote author=PHSFAN link=topic=20921.msg211937#msg211937 date=1142454334]

Russell has won a state title in football, their 1st region title in basketball in a long time, and the Govenors Cup all in the past 4 months. The Russell Independent School system has a lot to be proud of.
[/quote]

Not positive on this one, but I think they even won Science Olympiad here recently as well.

Russell has won a state title in football, their 1st region title in basketball in a long time, and the Govenors Cup all in the past 4 months. The Russell Independent School system has a lot to be proud of.
[/quote]

Their athletic Dept. is doing good work regardless of their loss today. Graves Co. just simply out played them and was able to play stall ball to win!!! I think JCMS from Johnson Co. won the state Govenor's Cup in Louisville,KY on Monday.I guess you must be talking about winning the Govenor's Cup in their Region!!! OR did you mean at the Highschool level??
[quote author=cardsfan link=topic=20921.msg211948#msg211948 date=1142455350]

[/quote]

Their athletic Dept. is doing good work regardless of their loss today. Graves Co. just simply out played them and was able to play stall ball to win!!! I think JCMS from Johnson Co. won the state Govenor's Cup in Louisville,KY on Monday.I guess you must be talking about winning the Govenor's Cup in their Region!!! OR did you mean at the Highschool level??
[/quote]

I was told that they won at the high school level.
Ouch!!!  Russell laid a bigtime egg.  The region would have been better represented by a strong Morgan, Fairview or Elliott team IMO.

Russell: 9-35 FG, 5-19 3-pt FG, 4-5 FT, 20 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals, 11 Turnovers

Graves County: 16-30 FG, 2-5 3-pt FG, 8-15 FT, 23 rebounds, 11 assists, 9 steals, 12 turnovers. Only 5 personal fouls.
Way to embarrass the region...............Rowan and Morgan at least put up a fight at state.
27 points is an incredibly low number.  I bet this was a boring game to watch.  This makes the 16th look terrible for their regional winner to be so weak.
Congrats Graves Co.!
What a joke...
Congrats Graves.
Congrats Grave.  Cool :clap: