Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County’s 1987 champs return to Rupp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: claychamps.jpg]

This is the 25th anniversary of Clay County’s 1987 state championship team that beat Ballard in overtime in the finals. Coach Bobby Keith and his team returned to Rupp Arena Friday night and were recognized at halftime of the Knott County Central-Oldham County game.
Clay County Glory Days
Loved this team!
Talking about representing the 13th Region WELL:Thumbs:
Looks like most of the team returned. I see 3 missing for sure: Kevin Jackson(starter), Anthony "Pepper" Gilbert and William Wilson. Managers missing are David Abner and Mitch Foutch.
I thought Richie was in jail. They haven't arrested him yet? The audit must not be complete.
What happen to Jackson, i played against this team in grade school and Highschool.
Great team that was very exciting to watch. Came close to back to back as Ballard w/
Alan Houston barely got them in the finals.
Norm Peterson Wrote:I thought Richie was in jail. They haven't arrested him yet? The audit must not be complete.

You must have missed the story. Richie returned all those "missing" items including items that had been purchased by private funds. Read about it at

http://osi-speaks.blogspot.com/2012/02/r...es-to.html

Story does not say if any democrats have been asked to also return any private fund purchases, but don't hold your breath....
Great team. I remember watching Ritchie light the sweet 16 up in those days.