Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: John Hardin 49 Johnson Central 35 (Sweet 16)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
WOW! Last I seen JC was up 25-20 in the 3rd
What the heck happen to JC in this game?
IF JC hits their free throws in the 3rd and to start the fourth. This may be a different story.

Free Throws...Free Throws...Free Throws!!!!

Kids nor coaches seem to care any more.

Congrats JC on making this far and giving it all you had!
OffTheHook Wrote:IF JC hits their free throws in the 3rd and to start the fourth. This may be a different story.

Free Throws...Free Throws...Free Throws!!!!

Kids nor coaches seem to care any more.

Congrats JC on making this far and giving it all you had!

amen.
Johnson Central fell apart in the fourth quarter, and missed a lot of free throws. Congratulations on a great season JC, and good luck in the next round John Hardin.
Congrats to John Hardin, and to JC on a good season!
As the game clock neared 5:00 Thursday night, it became Daveon Greene time in Rupp Arena.

Greene, a 6-foot-2, 240-pound junior, scored nine consecutive points in 67 seconds in what proved to be a devastating run as John Hardin upended Johnson Central 49-36 to complete first-round play in the PNC/KHSAA Boys' State Tournament.

"Honestly, as a team, we still had jitters of halftime," Greene said. "We all needed to get those jitters out. I let my jitters out and I just started to play basketball."

The Bulldogs (23-8), No. 9 in Dave Cantrall's rankngs of tournament teams, will take an 11-game winning streak into Friday's quarterfinals matchup against second-rated Scott County.

No. 16 Johnson Central finished with a 25-11 record.

Brandon Price, 12-for-14 at the free-throw line, led John Hardin with 18 points and six assists. Greene totaled 12 points and nine rebounds.

Shane Hall, a 6-7 sophomore, led Johnson Central with 11 points, 10 rebounds and five blocks. Dalton Adkins had 10 points.

Ervin Montgomery's basket to open the fourth-quarter scoring put John Hardin ahead to stay, 32-30.

After a Truman Salyer free throw made it 32-31, the Bulldogs ripped off 11 straight points.

Greene scored the first nine and Jeremy Harness capped it with a drive with 3:24 left for a 43-31 lead.

"Defense leads to easy points," said Price, who assisted on the second of Greene's baskets in the nine-point run.

"Things started to go our way when we played defense better in the second half," Greene said.

Emphasizing that fact, the next three points came when Greene stole a pass, raced in for a layup and was fouled.

"Things didn't go well for us on the offensive end in the first half, but we've talked to our kids all year about mental toughness and I thought this came through for us again tonight, just like it did in the regional tournament," John Hardin Coach Mark Wells said. "We gutted it out. We were able to hold on at the end."

In a half of spurts, John Hardin was up 18-17 at intermission, led by 5-7 Price with 10.

Johnson Central scored the last six points of the first quarter to lead 12-6.

Adkins, a 5-6 freshman, had eight of the Golden Eagles' points.

John Hardin scored the first 12 of the second quarter for an 18-12 lead.

Then, Johnson Central's Hall tallied the last five of the half.

John Hardin struggled from the field in the first half, going 7-for-27 (25.9 percent), including 0-for-7 from three-point range. Johnson Central shot 7-for-16 (43.8 percent), missing its only two three-point tries.

Things stayed tight through another quarter, which ended in a 30-all tie.

"We just weren't able to make plays at the end," Golden Eagles Coach Tommy McKenzie said.

McKenzie said his team has to score transition baskets. When early foul troubles led him to substitute size for quickness, the result was fewer chances to get out and run.

"We didn't shoot it the way we wanted to shoot it, didn't make plays — especially in the fourth quarter — that we wanted to make plays. ... It just wasn't our night," McKenzie said. "Hats off to John Hardin. When we gave them opportunities to make plays and take control of the game in the fourth quarter, I thought they did that

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/03/15/21124...rylink=cpy
Stardust Wrote:[Image: 1fUTGT.AuSt.79.jpg]
Emptiest I have ever seen the Sweet 16!
^ I noticed that, too. Very empty...
Stardust Wrote:[Image: 1fUTGT.AuSt.79.jpg]

Where are the fans? Did either school have any support? WOW! I hate it JC went one and done but congrats to a good season. Those are some great pics Stardust, thanks.
^You had UK playing in Louisville that night. So that will put a damper on anything going on that night.
TigerBlues Wrote:Where are the fans? Did either school have any support? WOW! I hate it JC went one and done but congrats to a good season. Those are some great pics Stardust, thanks.
Fans for the teams are placed in the endzones.
UKisN1 Wrote:Fans for the teams are placed in the endzones.
Which is TOTALLY stupid, in my opinion. I understand ticket organizers are trying to make things easier when selling in blocks, etc, but they need to be aware the empty looking gym is bad PR. I think they should rethink that strategy.

Congrats to JCHS on a good season. They got exposed by a better John Hardin team like Phelps exposed them at regionals. Foul trouble takes them out of their style of play because of a short bench. Too bad, I was hoping they would go and win a game or two for the 15th.
As always, thanks for all the great pics Stardust!!!
Nice Pics!! Yeah all of the fans are in the endzones. Congrats on a Great Season JC. Gonna make it tough on the 15th the next couple of years.
PHSForever Wrote:Which is TOTALLY stupid, in my opinion. I understand ticket organizers are trying to make things easier when selling in blocks, etc, but they need to be aware the empty looking gym is bad PR. I think they should rethink that strategy.

Congrats to JCHS on a good season. They got exposed by a better John Hardin team like Phelps exposed them at regionals. Foul trouble takes them out of their style of play because of a short bench. Too bad, I was hoping they would go and win a game or two for the 15th.
Disagree on this one. Fans are where they should be. Makes it easier to keep 4 teams for one session. And the fans that come every year, like my family has done, should have the better seats. If I had to sit behind the goal for 15 games, I would think twice about it. Fans coming only for their team are going to come to watch their team play no matter what and thus won't care about the quality of the seat as much. But the UK game does deserve credit, as well as the field. IMO, this is the weakest field i have ever seen.

And, as for other posts, I realize fans of the respective teams sit in the endzones, but I was talking just about the general fans.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Disagree on this one. Fans are where they should be. Makes it easier to keep 4 teams for one session. And the fans that come every year, like my family has done, should have the better seats. If I had to sit behind the goal for 15 games, I would think twice about it. Fans coming only for their team are going to come to watch their team play no matter what and thus won't care about the quality of the seat as much. But the UK game does deserve credit, as well as the field. IMO, this is the weakest field i have ever seen.

And, as for other posts, I realize fans of the respective teams sit in the endzones, but I was talking just about the general fans.
I understand your point, but as I said, I also think the fans who sit in the endzone deserve the same experience as the fans who come every year, as yours does, if not better because it may be the only time they get to root for their team there. I'm not saying let 'em take over, but definitely deserve better seats. Think about it from a school fan perspective. Do you really want to go to a game and be relegated to the endzone every time? Of course not. Generally, other than the nosebleeds, there isn't really a bad place to sit at Rupp. I'm more in favor of allowing the fans to sit more to the side of the endzone than directly behind the goal. It can be accomplished quite easily.
Wow!! Looks like Johnson Central choked under the pressure in this one! I really have not other way to describe it!
Pages: 1 2