Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scott Co-59 vs Marshall Co-43 (PNC/KHSAA Boys Sweet 16)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Rupp.

Marshall was up by 7 @ the half.

Ivey put the Cards on his back in the 3rd (13 of his 19pts in the 3rd) and the Cards never looked back.

Congrats Scott Co!!
Also, If I'm not mistaking this makes Billy Hicks the all time winingest coach in the Sweet 16.Anyone comfirm?
Wow...didn't expect Scott to come back like this. Congrats to the boys.
Glad to see the Cards get the win! Looks like Marshall County was better than what I thought they were!
Game 7: Scott County rolls by Marshals

Scott County wiped out a seven-point halftime deficit by blitzing Marshall County 34-8 to start the second half and went on to beat the Marshals 59-43 in the first round of the Sweet Sixteen Thursday night.

Isaiah Ivey had 13 points in the turnaround third quarter and wound up leading Scott County with 19 points. Tamron Manning had 12 points, 9 rebounds and 4 assists

After shooting poorly in the first half, Scott County hit 13 of 18 in the second half, including 5 of 7 three-pointers.

Chase Clark led Marshall County with 13 points and Cole Nelson had 11.

Scott County has won its first-round state tournament game the last nine times it’s made the tournament.
MVP2 Wrote:Also, If I'm not mistaking this makes Billy Hicks the all time winingest coach in the Sweet 16.Anyone comfirm?

I think you are correct. I think I remember Mike Fields writing that Billy Hicks and Dale Mabrey were tied for the all time Sweet 16 winningest coaches after the 2010 Sweet 16.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Glad to see the Cards get the win! Looks like Marshall County was better than what I thought they were!

Yeah man, those kids from Marshall can ball. I got to see them earlier this season, really surprised me. Play a good style of ball, fun to watch.
vundy33 Wrote:Yeah man, those kids from Marshall can ball. I got to see them earlier this season, really surprised me. Play a good style of ball, fun to watch.

I guess to each his own. I personally don't enjoy the ultra slow deliberate tempo. I had rather see teams that like to get up and down the floor. The deliberate style will work when you are ahead but if you get behind your done.
Congrats to Coach Hicks and Scott County!