Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Antoine Walker’s D-League comeback isn’t going so smoothly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's not a sad tale, that Sports Illustrated's Chris Ballard wrote on former NBA All-Star Antoine Walker. It's not a confirming tale, either, or a heart-warming one, or a particularly inspiring one. There's too much going on with Walker to fixate on one part of his life -- his early promise, the poor hoop habits that never went away, his off-court largesse, his current struggles in the NBA's minor leagues -- and sign Ballard's story off as a one-note affair. No, it's just another expertly penned piece from one of North America's finest sports writers, on one of the more frustrating figures in NBA history.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-d...07150.html
Walker was a great talent at UK.
He was on a team that invented "swagger" as all of these players try to have today.
That shake he done after a dunk was awesome.

He should have stayed another year but went anyways. Financial troubles is what go him. Bounce checks, etc...
Does anyone really think he can still play? I mean, really.
^ I would say if he got serious about it. Droppped the weight, got in shape and concentrated on just basketball.....Yes. I do.
IMO, he has lost passion for the game and is only trying to earn a paycheck.
K_Mac Wrote:Does anyone really think he can still play? I mean, really.
I certainly dont.
OffTheHook Wrote:^ I would say if he got serious about it. Droppped the weight, got in shape and concentrated on just basketball.....Yes. I do.
Your the only one.
judgementday Wrote:IMO, he has lost passion for the game and is only trying to earn a paycheck.

Agreed. Same reason Iverson wants back in.
Was and always will be my favorite player of all time!! I agree with OffTheHook, if he would drop weight and get back to his playing weight of old which was about 225, I definitely think he could play!