Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trinity (Louisville) - vs.George Rogers Clark (at Rupp Arena, Lexington)- 1:30 PM PM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Elite 8
LEXINGTON — George Rogers Clark is ready for Trinity.
Although the Shamrocks (32-3) entered the KHSAA¿boys Sweet 16 tournament as the state’s top-ranked team, Cardinals coach Scott Humphrey said his team’s schedule has braced Clark for the state quarterfinal contest set for 1:30 p.m. Friday at Rupp Arena in Lexington. The Cards (31-5) opened the four-day event with a 56-36 victory over Owensboro Apollo on Wednesday night to earn a spot in the Elite Eight.
Topics
Charlie Rogers
NCAA Team Gear - Get it now at SportsFanfare.com

“We’ve won 31 games doing what we do,” Humphrey said. “That being said, Trinity, they’re a special, special team. They’ve been the No. 1 team in the state since Oct. 15 and they have been all year long. They proved (Wednesday) night they deserve that. Our whole focus is to be No. 1 for a two-hour gap on Friday.”
Despite the Shamrocks’ status as the top rated team in the state, Clark isn’t changing its approach.
“We’re going to treat it like any other game to prepare for it and then just come out ready to play,” Clark senior Bopper Stenzel said.
“We just need to stay focused,” Clark senior Charlie Rogers added. “It’s like any other game.”
Like Clark, Trinity passed its first test of the tournament with a 52-32 victory over Bullitt East on Wednesday. The Shamrocks limited University of Kentucky commit Derek Willis to just eight points and three field goals.
“It was real physical,” Willis said. “DeMarcus Page, he played a good game on me, and Craig (Owens) and (James) Quick, they did a good job.”
Nathan Dieudonne led the Shamrocks with 17 points, followed by Charles Foster with 15. Miles Rice came off the bench and added 11 for Trinity in the tourney opener. Even though many label Trinity as the favorite this season, the Shamrocks are making its first tournament appearance since 2004 and second in the history of the school. Trinity reached the state quarterfinals in their first appearance, losing to eventual state runner-up Mason County in triple overtime.
In its last appearance last year, Clark lost to Louisville Eastern in the state quarterfinals and is looking to reach the state semifinals for the seventh time in school history. Clark lost in the quarterfinals in its two previous appearances in 2007 and 2011.
In the opener, Adam Fatkin scored 21 points, grabbed five rebounds and blocked seven shots in the Cards’ win over the Eagles. Taylor Howard followed with 15 and Charlie Rogers tallied 11 for Clark in the tournament opener.

Potential starters:
Clark: Charlie Rogers, Adam Fatkin, Dominic VanCleve, Bopper Stenzel and Taylor Howard.
Trinity: Nathan Dieudonne, Darryl Hicks, Charles Foster, Troy Saxton and James Quick.

http://www.centralkynews.com/winchesters...5382.story
Trinity will be just to much.
Trinity 77-61
I'm going with GRC. They have the size to match up with trinitys physical play, and Stenzil is a guard who can speed the tempo or slow it down without missing a beat so Trinity will not be able to control the tempo against this team or at least I cant see it. 58-56 GRC in this one.
I think Trinity will win, but I want to see GRC pull off the upset.
Trinity has the talent..no dought. But GRC has the heart of a team I have never seen before. They back down from no one and really believe they can win. I am hoping that the crowd at Rupp will get behind this GRC team and help them pull out the win!!!!!!!
Trinity 52
George Rogers Clark 45
Trinity wins by 10
Should be a very good defensive game to watch. This will be the most hyped game of the tourney up to this point. Wish I could be there for it. Good luck to both!!! Games like this are what make the Kentucky's state tourney so unique and "SWEET".
Darryl Hicks and James Quick will not play for Trinity today
End 1st

Trinity 12-8
2nd 2:00

Trinity 21-17
Halftime

Trinity 26-17
3rd 4:00

Trinity 36-27
Trinity is 4/4 from 3 in the 3rd and Lead 42-29
End 3rd

Trinity 45-32