Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenwood Baker signs with KCU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greenwood senior Stephen Baker committed Tuesday to play football at the next level, signing with Kentucky Christian University at GHS.
“It’s quiet,” Baker said. “There’s no parties, and it’s really going to help me stay focused on staying in touch with God and focus on football.”
KCU, which is located in Grayson, competes at the NAIA level.
The Knights went 4-7 in 2011. They’re coached by Mike Furrey, who played eight seasons in the NFL.
Baker moved to the defensive line as a senior for Greenwood because of team injuries. He recorded 53 tackles and recovered a fumble, and rushed 11 times for 90 yards.
Baker expects to play inside linebacker or running back for KCU, he said.
“This is a good chance for me to further my education and set up some success in the future,” he said. “As far as football goes, I want to get better and be a game-changer.”

http://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/g-wood...963f4.html
I heard KCU has signed more than 50 kids with more commits coming plus some monster D-2 transfers already on campus. Many recruits from Texas, Ohio, Fla., Ga. Two ex-NFL players and one ex NFL asst coach on the staff there now. Coming from the NFL to a school without a football stadium takes some serious dedication.
KCU has only had a program for a short time. Best of luck to them and this young man.