Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southwestern vs Rowan Co
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What does everyone think about this match up?
Watched the Southwestern game.

Southwestern will have to limit their turnovers to keep Rowan from scoring easy baskets.

Rowan needs to turn Southwestern over on the press and rebound. I believe DJ Townsend will be the difference maker in this game. He will be able to get to the basket and score.
IMO, Southwestern and Rowan County both played a little down than usual today. SW had 19 turnovers against Hoptown, that can't happen if the Warriors want to down the Vikes and move on to the Final Four.

Can't wait for noon Friday. Go Warriors!
Interesting little tid bit for tomorrow's game: Rowan County head coach Shawn Thacker will get to go up against his former boss and mentor in Southwestern head coach Steve Wright.
My heart says Southwestern.
My head says Rowan Co.

Go Warriors!!
Well, I have Southwestern winning this game in my bracket and I think they will. I think it will be a really good game. I think that the Warriors are a very dangerous team in the Tournament with Steve Wright at the helm! Going with the Warriors by 8!
Got to support GetChili and his team!!!!
Gold Charger Wrote:Got to support GetChili and his team!!!!

Thanks Gold Charger.
Rowan County wins this one. Too many good players. RC by 6.
Rowan by 3.
Rowan by 8
I was about 8th in line at ticket window D the other day, and then they didn't open E and so people in E and D went through D and I got screwed into upper level seats Sad

At least I'll be there again! Let's go Warriors!
Rowan Co has the experience, but I've been watching young talent in the southwestern feeder programs for years now. They're a team thats gonna be a factor at the state level for years to come. Good luck to both!!! Should be a dandy!!!
Another low-scoring game . . . Rowan County and Southwestern are tied 5-5 with 3:40 left in the first quarter. The teams are a combined 3-for-12 shooting.
# Southwestern leads 19-17 with 5:23 left in first half. David Kapinga has 6 points and 4 rebounds for Southwestern.
Jason Egan and D.J. Townsend have hit a pair of threes apiece and County has edged ahead of SRowan outhwestern 27-23 with 2:11 left in first half
HALFTIME – ROWAN COUNTY 33, SOUTHWESTERN 30: Rowan County found its shooting eye and hit 6 three-pointers to rally for the halftime lead. D.J. Townsend has hit 3 of the threes and has 12 points. Jason Egan hit a pair from long range and has 10 points. Adam Wing, the shooting star of last year’s state tournament, is 0-for-8 from three-point range in two games. David Kapinga leads Southwestern with 8 points.
Southwestern has opened up a 43-37 lead with 2:11 left in the third quarter. Rowan County is 1-for-8 shooting this half. David Kapinga has 14 points for Southwestern and Justin Edwards has 10. D.J. Townsend has 12 for Rowan County.
Finally some loud cheers and excitement in Rupp. It came when Rowan County scored 8 straight points to tie Southwestern 45-45 going into fourth quarter. Jason Egan hit a pair of threes to fuel the rally.
Southwestern has answered Rowan County’s comeback and leads 52-47 with 4:14 left.
Wow. Good win for Southwestern.
Thanks for the continueing updates Dusty.

I'm tickled to death for GetChili!!