Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Madison Central Foster signs with Union
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
RICHMOND — Not that long ago, Daniel Foster was almost certain he was going to play football at Lindsey Wilson.

Then, suddenly everything changed.

“They told me their roster was full,” Foster said. “So, I called Union (College) and they told me they were interested and they wanted me to play there. So, it worked out.”

Earlier this month, Foster signed a national letter of intent to play football at Union College. The Madison Central senior running back/linebacker was also drawing interest from Pikeville.

“I’m happy to see Daniel get a chance to go somewhere and play,” Central coach Bert Browne said. “He’s a hard-nosed kid.”

Foster was a key contributor on offense and defense last season as Madison Central won its first district title since 2006.

The senior had 26 rushes for 128 yards and three touchdowns and five receptions for 53 yards. He also had 24 tackles, one interception and one fumble recovery.

Foster was involved in some of the biggest plays of the season for the Indians on both sides of the ball.

The senior blocked a punt against Dunbar that Hunter Allen recovered and returned for a touchdown. Foster scored on a fumble recovery in a win over Lafaytte and had a touchdown run in the final minute against Clark County that capped a remarkable fourth-quarter comeback and secured the district title.

“He can run,” Browne said of Foster. “He will run through a brick wall for you. He’s just going to have to go down there and work hard and work his way into (the lineup).”

In 2010, Foster appeared in eight games. He had five rushes for 23 yards, four receptions for 66 yards and 15 tackles.

After winning just one game combined in their sophomore (0-9) and junior (1-10) seasons, the district title was especially sweet for Central’s seniors, like Foster.

“It was depressing,” Foster said. “But, we stuck it out and the ones who did (stick it out) are proud.”

Even though he played both offense and defense in high school, Foster says he prefers to deliver big hits then to take them.

“I like defense because I get to have more contact,” Foster said.

The Union coaching staff recruited the senior as a linebacker, but they know he can contribute in many different ways.

“After seeing my film, the coaching staff told me I could be a starter on special teams as a freshman and work my way up on the defensive side of the ball or on offense too,” Foster said.

Union, a NAIA school, competes in the western division of the Mid-South Conference.

http://richmondregister.com/localsports/...with-Union
Congrats young man