Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LOOKING BACK Corbin Redhounds basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Corbin Redhounds basketball season came to an abrupt ending last Thursday evening as they lost to Pineville in the first-round of the 13th Region Basketball Tournament.
The Redhounds had beaten Pineville earlier in the season by 14 points. This game was a match up situation that was not favorable for the Redhounds. The Mountain Lions had two very physical players inside that the Redhounds had no answer for.
Outstanding players
Isaac Wilson, a Redhound two years ago, made the All-KIAC Conference Team this year. I think back about eight years ago when Paul Pietrowski was telling me about a group of kids that were coming up and how he thought there were going to be special. It was fun to watch them as they grew, both in stature and in their knowledge of the game.
They were Josh Crawford, Isaac Wilson, Aaron Manns, Luke Stewart, Josh Smith, Madison Johnson, Travis Smith and Josh Hopkins to name a few. That group, coached by Tony Pietrowski and his staff won two 13th Region championships.
As I look forward a bit, there is hope for next year. Zach Farley will be one of the better players in the region next year, and I look for Hunter Grubb, Kaleb Maguet along with Farley and Robbie Igo to provide senior leadership.
I also feel Trevor Hill, who will be a freshman, to be a big factor in the team’s success.
http://thenewsjournal.net/details/6002/LOOKING-BACK
^
I read Crooks articles every week in the News Journal.
It's always a good read. He always brings back memorys of the past and mentiones teams of the past.
Surprised you stumbled on that Dusty.
I haven't thought about Paul Pietrowski in years.
Now if ALL of our officials did the job that HE did......
I might just be happier!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
I read Crooks articles every week in the News Journal.
It's always a good read. He always brings back memorys of the past and mentiones teams of the past.
Surprised you stumbled on that Dusty.

I have spent my entire life stumbling around.....:biggrin: