Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th and 16th Regions 2012-2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can Magoffin Co. and Ashland repeat?
I believe they can if everyone returns.They have a great point gaurd, best shooter in the region,one of the best defensive players in Slone and Cullops toughness and ability to get to basket. Not sure who other starter will be my guess would be Foutch for inside presence. Wont have a very deep bench next year but still has a couple of dandys.
Yes and yes. Ashland is the team I am more familiar with, but I know that Magoffin has every starter back next year except 1 senior. Their young players will get only better - depth may be their only concern.

Ashland will still go about 8 deep with Foutch, S. Gransberry, Jones, Gunter, and Sloan filling the 2 starting positions or coming off the bench. In the 16th region I think that is all the depth a team needs.
Heard in Bowling Green that one Ashland starter isn't happy and mentioned South Point as a possible destination next year. Take it for what its worth.

But if everyone returns they will be the runaway favorite in the 16th.
HD28 Wrote:Heard in Bowling Green that one Ashland starter isn't happy and mentioned South Point as a possible destination next year. Take it for what its worth.

But if everyone returns they will be the runaway favorite in the 16th.

Can't see this happening. Ashland is not losing anyone, especially not a starter.
Both teams can and should repeat. I'm not saying it will happen, but it should happen barring some kind of setback.
Why go to SP their season is 20 games then post season. Ashland plays 30 games then post season! I heard
coach Bradley is making the schedule even harded next season. Playing in the lex cath. tournament and the LIT.
American Dream Wrote:Why go to SP their season is 20 games then post season. Ashland plays 30 games then post season! I heard
coach Bradley is making the schedule even harded next season. Playing in the lex cath. tournament and the LIT.

Good scheduling by Bradley - may mean a few more losses, but will make them more prepared for the end of season tourneys.
I think Kittens will repeat, but my only concern would be at the center position. Bill had a great 1-2 punch last year with Heaberlin and Foutch. Foutch is really soild player. I look for her to start and play well, I just don't see or know who else could come in and play in that spot. I guess if that is the only thing Bill has to worry about, they will be just fine.
Yes I believe Ashland will be back, although I have heard some rumors that a couple may b leaving, could b just rumors. The only problem I see is if Bradley tries to go to deep into the bench. IMO, and many others that have approached me, Ashland could have went a game or two in state and could have even won a couple more of those tough loses if he would have left his starters in. Don't get me wrong, yes the bench has helped a lot, but Ashland had and can still have a very tough starting 5 that can explode at any second.
recruiter Wrote:Yes I believe Ashland will be back, although I have heard some rumors that a couple may b leaving, could b just rumors. The only problem I see is if Bradley tries to go to deep into the bench. IMO, and many others that have approached me, Ashland could have went a game or two in state and could have even won a couple more of those tough loses if he would have left his starters in. Don't get me wrong, yes the bench has helped a lot, but Ashland had and can still have a very tough starting 5 that can explode at any second.

I think before the game with Magoffin County you posted that Ashland was going to win by 20 if they played team ball and by 8 if they didn't, no mention of them possibly losing. Well heck, Paintsville probably would have won the state tournament if they had beaten Magoffin County in the 15th regional championship game. But we got beat too, lets give Magoffin a little credit, at that point of the season they were better than both teams.
Ashland should repeat in the 16th region. They have a lot of experience coming back and Coach Bradley and his staff will have them ready.
recruiter Wrote:Yes I believe Ashland will be back, although I have heard some rumors that a couple may b leaving, could b just rumors. The only problem I see is if Bradley tries to go to deep into the bench. IMO, and many others that have approached me, Ashland could have went a game or two in state and could have even won a couple more of those tough loses if he would have left his starters in. Don't get me wrong, yes the bench has helped a lot, but Ashland had and can still have a very tough starting 5 that can explode at any second.

Its funny how people are hearing rumors about players leaving Ashland. Who knows, these stories may or may not be true. Usually players leave for other schools over dissatisfaction over the lack of playing time. What I don't understand is that several posts have questioned Coach Bradley's use of his bench this season. If that's the case, why would bench players want to leave? Of course, it could be starters that the rumors are about, but I find that hard to believe after the 29 win / region winning season the Kittens had.
This may be a little off point of this discussion, but you guys seem to know the 16th region very well. What kind of talent do West Carter and Raceland have coming back? Are the administrations good to work for? What kind of feeder systems do these 2 schools have? I know they both have open coaching positions. Any names being mentioned for these jobs?