Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mekale McKay headed to Arkansas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Former University of Louisville football coach Bobby Petrino has come back to the area and is taking one of the state’s top athletes to the University of Arkansas.

Moore High School two-sport star Mekale McKay signed his letter-of-intent on Thursday to play football for Petrino at Arkansas. The 6-foot-6 McKay said he would also get the opportunity to walk-on for the Razorback basketball team.

“I am just so happy,” McKay told The Courier-Journal. “I told every program that I wanted to play both sports, I don’t want to sell myself short. They were all about that and I am just so excited to be a Razorback.”

McKay, who had 38 catches for 894 yards and 13 touchdowns as a senior in football, is considered one of the state’s top gridiron prospects.

After previously committing to Texas El-Paso, McKay re-opened his recruitment and picked Arkansas over Mississippi. He made official visits to both schools.

McKay said he picked the Razorbacks because “of the way the system works. I can’t wait to play for those guy down there.”

“The intelligence of the system with the coaching staff and players was really impressive,” McKay said. “Those guys do an excellent job with formation and confusion of the defense. They go hard every day like it’s a game day.

“I live by the rule when you work hard everything pays off. I can’t wait.”

McKay was named co-Sixth Region Player of the Year for the Mustangs in basketball. He averaged 17 points and 6.4 rebounds a game for Moore, which lost to Pleasure Ridge Park in the semifinals of the regional tournament.

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydem...-arkansas/