Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: On this day in the 14th Region: March 9th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On this day in 14th Region history.... Just a thread to remember some good moments I remember in the 14th region... Comment if you remember this games.
March 9th.....

March 9th 2001 - Wolfe County 67 - Perry Central 66 (Region Semi-Finals @Knott)

March 9th 2002 - Whitesburg 72 - Breathitt County 67 (Region Championship @Perry)

March 9th 2010 - Knott Central 53 - Perry Central 51 (Region Championship @Knott) - The Comeback

I remember all these games.. good games.
First region championship I ever went to was in 2002. And 2010 I was heartbroke cause Perry could have got by butler easily imo. Wasn't that game at breathitt co. though?
^2010 was at Knott
^

Nah, 2010 was at Breathitt Co.
Those 15th region refs always step up to the plate for Knott Co.... Someone needs to investigate these calls that were made in 2010 & 2012 all going in knott's favor
Wildcat100 Wrote:Those 15th region refs always step up to the plate for Knott Co.... Someone needs to investigate these calls that were made in 2010 & 2012 all going in knott's favor

The 15th Region Refs shouldnt be calling regional tournament games for the 15th.
There suppose to come from another region during tourney time.
Why exactly do Regions trade Refs, why can't Refs, ref their own Region?
Wildcat100 Wrote:Those 15th region refs always step up to the plate for Knott Co.... Someone needs to investigate these calls that were made in 2010 & 2012 all going in knott's favor

Need some diapers or maybe some depends.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The 15th Region Refs shouldnt be calling regional tournament games for the 15th.
There suppose to come from another region during tourney time.

Knotts in the 14th.
Some people are just idiots.
If it wasnt for the 15th regional officals Knott would still be without a regional title in 20 years or longer, lose ball foul with 1 second left at Breathitt 70 ft away from the basket agaist Perry,touch foul 70ft away from the basket against Breathitt at Home. Both times free throws that put Knott in the state Tournament the game agaist Perry Knott had only 12 field goals for the entire game and made 23 free throws. reversed one call agaist Breathitt and in the Hazard game they call a charge and block and give the ball to Knott never been seen before.So the MVP was the 15th region officals both times. I talked to a gentleman today from Knott,Co and he said Breathitt had the best team in the tournament but got the bad calls.
^The call at breathitt was honestly horrible. It's just weird they got touch foul calls towards the end of.close region games 70+ ft away from the basket twice out of the last three years.
Hey who won region. I had to work and missed it
Strikeout King Wrote:Why exactly do Regions trade Refs, why can't Refs, ref their own Region?

They bring in out of region refs because they supposedly will make unbiased calls but, that doesn't exactly seem to be the case. I think they need to bring in refs from a region other than the 15th. Perhaps bring in 13th Region refs.
ekff Wrote:^2010 was at Knott

2010 was at Breathitt. No one would allow it to be at Knott two out of the last three years.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:They bring in out of region refs because they supposedly will make unbiased calls but, that doesn't exactly seem to be the case. I think they need to bring in refs from a region other than the 15th. Perhaps bring in 13th Region refs.

Obviously Lee County doesn't play many games in the 13th Region. If you want 13th, stock up on some vaseline or KY jelly. The good thing is that most of the officials with the bad reputations in the 13th are either headed to or residing in a nursing home.
ekff Wrote:On this day in 14th Region history.... Just a thread to remember some good moments I remember in the 14th region... Comment if you remember this games.
March 9th.....

March 9th 2001 - Wolfe County 67 - Perry Central 66 (Region Semi-Finals @Knott)

March 9th 2002 - Whitesburg 72 - Breathitt County 67 (Region Championship @Perry)

March 9th 2010 - Knott Central 53 - Perry Central 51 (Region Championship @Knott) - The Comeback

I remember all these games.. good games.

I watched all three games. In 2001, Wolfe County won on an infamous mystery call by, oh yeah, one of those old time 13th region officials. 2002 was a good year. Beating Perry in the regional semifinals on their home floor after they had won 30 games that season was priceless as Brock and Howard and company took out Perry and Breathitt two nights in a row. 2010 was a great win for Knott Central in a hard fought game.