Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trouble for Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know we all want to thing Kentucky is a lock to win the National Championship this year but we all have to be real sometimes. Kentucky is easily the #1 overall seed BUT..... There are some teams that just aren't good match-ups sometimes.

Who are some teams that you don't want to see in Kentucky's bracket?

IMO: There are only a few teams I don't want to see in Kentucky's bracket:

1) Marquette - Physical and talented. Most likely will be a 3 seed

2) Michigan State - Izzo can out-coach anyone. Most likely will be a 2 seed

If I had MY way this would be Kentucky's bracket. DREAM LOL..

#2 - Duke
#3 - Michigan
#4 - Wichita State
#5 - Temple
#6 - Murray State
#7 - Gonzaga
#8 - Memphis
#9 - Southern Miss
#10 - Saint Louis
#11 - Washington
#12 - Colorado State
#13 - S. Dakota State
#14 - Nevada
#15 - Loyola
#16 - Western Kentucky
Good lord, I don't want a cake walk to the title. If you are not the BEST, then it's hollow. Give me Syracuse, UNC, Ohio St., Missouri, dUKe - I want to prove that the Cats are the best in the country, not that we are fearful that we MIGHT get beat by a solid team. It's not like this is UK's first ever championship! This is the greatest team in the history of college basketball. And now we want to avoid tough games????

This is MY DREAM BRACKET:

1 Kentucky (63) 30-1 1,623
2 Syracuse (2) 30-1 1,561
3 Kansas 26-5 1,482
4 North Carolina 27-4 1,442
5 Missouri 27-4 1,343
6 Duke 26-5 1,262
7 Ohio State 25-6 1,251
8 Michigan State 24-7 1,149
9 Marquette 25-6 1,087
10 Michigan 23-8 945
11 Murray State 30-1 922
12 Baylor 25-6 909
13 Georgetown 22-7 873
14 Wisconsin 23-8 853
15 Indiana 24-7 707
16 Wichita State 27-5 492
Its still a National Title Dusty. Ask Duke.
I never thought as Kentucky as a lock. Because we our very young! So anything can happen
Not much of a title if you are afraid to play and prove you are the best. I don't care who's in UK's bracket! UK will already get the best bracket, and deservedly so, they earned it. But I'm not going to say I hope it's a cakewalk just because I'm afraid of a match-up! Bring'em ALL on!
Coach Calipari's Final 4 record: 1-3, including vacated seasons 1996 and 2008

teams he lost to: Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina

What do UK, Kansas, and UNC have in common? They are the top 3 team in total program wins and they all wear blue. The #4 team in all times wins, Duke, also wears blue.

although I would love to see Duke lose more than anything, but if they meet in the final 4, then history says not good for UK
Stardust Wrote:Not much of a title if you are afraid to play and prove you are the best. I don't care who's in UK's bracket! UK will already get the best bracket, and deservedly so, they earned it. But I'm not going to say I hope it's a cakewalk just because I'm afraid of a match-up! Bring'em ALL on!

You better be afraid of some match-ups because if Cal don't win a title SOON I'd say move on... I know most of you all wouldn't say that because the guy always says what you want to hear but how long can we let a guy have the most talent year end and year out but no titles... Stardust seems like your saying UK is a lock... I bet you didn't think how of WVU when we had Wall and crew. UK needs a good bracket!!!!!!
^ that makes zero sense, NONE! Nothing is a lock - the 1991 UNLV team was a lock, but they lost! I could give a crap about a lock. Put teams in front of the Cats, and STOP worrying about who it is! As for Cal, and everyone knows how much I despise him, he is going NOWHERE! The only way he is ever ran out of Lexington is if violations come this way, so that is completely off base to think a program in it's first two years goes to the Elite 8 and Final Four, and now they better win it all or else???? C'mon, that is WAY off base!

My point is that UK fans need to not worry about match-ups! Who cares, beat who is in front of you. I'd sure as hell feel less angst if UK lost to Syracuse than I would if they lost to "Oklahoma Institute for the Lilliputens", I could care less who is in UK's bracket!
Stardust Wrote:^ that makes zero sense, NONE! Nothing is a lock - the 1991 UNLV team was a lock, but they lost! I could give a crap about a lock. Put teams in front of the Cats, and STOP worrying about who it is! As for Cal, and everyone knows how much I despise him, he is going NOWHERE! The only way he is ever ran out of Lexington is if violations come this way, so that is completely off base to think a program in it's first two years goes to the Elite 8 and Final Four, and now they better win it all or else???? C'mon, that is WAY off base!

[B]My point is that UK fans need to not worry about match-ups! Who cares, beat who is in front of you. I'd sure as hell feel less angst if UK lost to Syracuse than I would if they lost to "Oklahoma Institute for the Lilliputens", I could care less who is in UK's bracket![/B]

Thats were we are disagreeing.... Basketball is all about Match-ups... You have to worry about match-ups... All coaches worry about how they are going to match-up against each other.
Stardust your a baseball guy right?

Its like when your watching a baseball game and you see a lefty pitcher come in to just pitch to 1 batter. Its all a match-up game.... UK better hope they get some good match-ups.
I give up! Yep, I hope UK plays North Dakota St. in the championship game and the other five rounds the teams buses no show!
Stardust Wrote:I give up! Yep, I hope UK plays North Dakota St. in the championship game and the other five rounds the teams buses no show!

Yes... That would be the best thing that could happen... I'll take those WINS, and I bet Cal would too.
^ Maybe they will just hand UK the title and not have to even play the tournament altogether. That seems to fit best! I'm afraid of taking the chance to playing, so let's hope that the tournament is cancelled!
^ u better believe if they offered the title to UK tomorrow they would accept it.
If they handed me the NCAA Title, I would gladly accept.

March Madness PROVES that it is NOT "To be the best, you have to beat the best". March Madness is about beating whoever is in front of you.
i agree on one thing if Cal dont win with this team,he wont win one at UK, and time to move on....
My dream bracket would be full of Ivy, Horizon, and Sun Belt teams....
cuppett777 Wrote:i agree on one thing if Cal dont win with this team,he wont win one at UK, and time to move on....

I disagree, look at the past two seasons. The '09-'10 team was much better than the '10-'11 team, yet last year's team went further in the tournament. No matter how good your team is, the safe bet is always the field. Who could we bring in that could do any better?
Although match-ups are important for the tournament, as a coach I would want my team itching to play the best teams possible.

As far as Cal goes, I am surprised that people are saying he should move on if he doesn't win it all this year. I'm not a huge Cal supporter but you have to give him credit that he has returned the basketball team to the #1 program in the nation and as long as he is here it will continue to be at the top.

BUT, do I think he can win a championship with 1 and dones? No.

I hope I am proved wrong.
^ Finally, someone with sense Smile
NO BASKETBALL COACH I KNOW wants to play the best teams in a tournament. You want to be on the other side and see if someone else can knock them off first.

Ask Coach Allan Hatcher....
If you're afraid of tough matchups go home. If you are really afraid of Marquette and Mich St then you need to pull your balls out of your wife or girlfriends purse and turn in your man card.
FBALL Wrote:If you're afraid of tough matchups go home. If you are really afraid of Marquette and Mich St then you need to pull your balls out of your wife or girlfriends purse and turn in your man card.

I agree I wouldn't mind to see either of those teams in our bracket. Mich St. can't score and Marquette can't stop people from scoring.
FBALL Wrote:If you're afraid of tough matchups go home. If you are really afraid of Marquette and Mich St then you need to pull your balls out of your wife or girlfriends purse and turn in your man card.

F'N A!:Thumbs:
How dare me say UK should be WORRIED, never said afraid.... I guess UK will just beat everyone by 40 and Coach Cal shouldn't worry about any match-ups...

PS.. good to c we're getting back to good BGR talk... LOL