Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: TRIBUTE to Stardust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[YOUTUBE="Dusty Rhodes talks Baby Doll's turn"]Q0sFhGM83VE[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes (who's the GOAT?)"]ds6x6MImWJk&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE=""American Dream" Dusty Rhodes classic interview"]_HDRNeH1WsU&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Dusty Rhodes Mid Atlentic"]hkC9sW9z3UE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Dusty Rhodes in dressing room CWF"]jKHCmiIEtq8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Dusty Rhodes interview wcw, nwa"]z7gyyXYmO5s&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Dusty Rhodes interview WCW"]msmJ4pHrON0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Dusty Rhodes interview"]v8LvSOLpcII&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Dusty Rhodes NWA-"]HUKdDQ-zgOY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Bill Apter Interview Confrontation: Ric Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes 1985"]qupwuk6uKq0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Dusty Rhodes & Sgt Slaughter"]2_h_0AzbyT0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Dusty Rhodes & Babydoll"]tTWIihRSaO4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Dusty Rhodes promo on the Bunkhouse Stampede"]5nmwwWRTNy0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE=""Dusty Rhodes classic interview"]h_MkggIci5M&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Dusty Rhodes Mid atlantic"]CCKjxDcif7s&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Gordon Solie Dusty Rhodes int for Starwars 84"]pd3wQK0EkMA&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Florida Wrestling: Dusty Rhodes 1984 TCB Tour"]CCKjxDcif7s&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Dusty Rhodes Superstar Billy Graham promo"]I3b5t7idbDU&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Dusty Rhodes 1988 Promo"]rAmdgl-U2UM&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Mad Dog Dusty Rhodes"]Kqr_5LUwWLs&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Dusty Rhodes GAB 88 Promo"]3DS1Ga007B8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Dusty Rhodes $4,035 interview"]RqSY7bwhIFE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Dusty + Cornette = Promo Gold"]bR6KNTQb5Qo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Duthhh-tay's gonna take care of b'ness!"]FuOavpbCm04&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Dusty Rhodes True Grit"]k5a8NHgZkPY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
There are about 5 people in my list of "best-on-the-mic's" (Flair, Dusty, Rock, etc...) Dusty can be no worse than 2nd or 3rd, and he might be the best.
^ For the common man, he is the best. I view Dusty as a Hillbilly Rapper! Who cannot love that! The whole "Son of a Plumber" gimic could not have been any better! You are right, he may not be the best, but there was NO ONE who could take everyday common topic, and fire up people more than the Dream! There was no "Space Mountain", or "It doesn't Matter", it was plain, simple, and downright passionate!
"I have wined and dined with kings and queens, and I've slept in alleys and dined on pork and beans."
Dusty was awesome on the mic, but I never did like him. I think me not liking him showed how good he was though. I always watched his matches hoping to see him get beat. A lot of the other wrestlers I disliked I would always change the channel because I had no interest in them at all. The only time I ever rooted for Dusty was when he wrestled one of the Russians.

One of my all time favorite matches was when Dusty fought Tully Blanchard at Starrcade 86 in a first blood match. Dusty had shaved the sides of his head and had written "Tully" on it. That night, Tully absolutely destroyed Dusty and won the TV title.
Pages: 1 2 3 4