Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trigg County 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trigg County’s 2011 baseball season was the best in school history – 25-8 overall, 16-2 vs. 2nd Region competition, 5th District champions and region semifinalists.

For an encore, the Wildcats will try to do all that and more with first-year head coach Tim Bush leading the way.

“If I had to pick, I’d rather take over a team that’s coming off its best season ever than its worst,” said Bush, who was named head coach after Jackie Sholar resigned at the end of last season. “I’m in a really fortunate spot right now, but along with that comes some huge expectations.”

Bush said one of his focus areas in the pre-season has been keeping his team level emotionally heading into a season that has many in the community excited.

“Nobody cares that we won 25 games last year,” Bush said. “We’ve tried to work like we’re starting over. We’re not going to rest on what happened last year.”

Read more: Cadiz Record - BASEBALL 2012 ‘Cats follow best season in school history