Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2012 Boys Sweet 16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wednesday, March 14th

12:00 p.m. - Rowan County vs. North Laurel

1:30 p.m. - Southwestern vs. Hopkinsville

6:30 p.m. - Bullitt East vs. Trinity

8:00 p.m. - Apollo vs. George Rogers Clark

Thursday, March 15th

12:00 p.m. - Bowling Green vs. Oldham County

1:30 p.m. - Boone County vs. Knott County Central

6:30 p.m. - Marshall County vs. Scott County

8:00 p.m. - John Hardin vs. Johnson Central
A few interesting notes:

3 schools in this tournament have won a state title
George Rogers Clark (1951), Hopkinsville (1985), Scott County (1998, 2007)

George Rogers Clark has the most regional titles of all the teams in Sweet 16 (21)

Bullitt East and Rowan County are on the same side of the bracket for the 2nd straight season.

Boone County is winless in Sweet 16 games (0-3), Hopkinsville is undefeated in 1st round games (4-0)

Bowling Green and Trinity are trying to become the 1st school to win a state title in football and basketball in the same school year. Both teams have never made the state finals in basketball.
Add that this is Southwestern's first appearance to interesting facts. Big Grin
Was Boone Co. a suprise winner of its region, or was it one of the favorites?
Winner of game 3 v.s. Scott County on Saturday night. One of the weakest fields I've seen in years but I hope for some exciting games. I haven't seen John Hardin play and maybe they can compete with SC for the bottom bracket.
What is the best way to get reasonable lower arena tickets?
The overall field might be a little down, but Scott and Trinity are both excellent. If they can both reach Saturday night (and I don't see how Scott does not), it would be the best 2 teams we've seen in the finals in years. Trinity has a lineup of division 1 talent. Scott County is rolling. I watched them completely dismantle Woodford last night, and Woodford probably had the best player on the floor. Problem was, Scott had numbers 2-10. I'm ready for next Wednesday!
Here's the link to the bracket for all games. Good luck to all teams & great job getting there!

http://www.khsaa.org/basketball/boys/swe...et2012.pdf
Trinty will steamroll the field.
toussaints Wrote:A few interesting notes:

3 schools in this tournament have won a state title
George Rogers Clark (1951), Hopkinsville (1985), Scott County (1998, 2007)

George Rogers Clark has the most regional titles of all the teams in Sweet 16 (21)

Bullitt East and Rowan County are on the same side of the bracket for the 2nd straight season.

Boone County is winless in Sweet 16 games (0-3), Hopkinsville is undefeated in 1st round games (4-0)

Bowling Green and Trinity are trying to become the 1st school to win a state title in football and basketball in the same school year. Both teams have never made the state finals in basketball.

Thanks, I was unawear of that. Impressive for GRC
Would be interesting to see North Laurel take on Southwestern. Teacher verses pupil. Wright verses Sizemore on the biggest stage!!!:Thumbs:
toussaints Wrote:Wednesday, March 14th

12:00 p.m. - Rowan County vs. North Laurel

1:30 p.m. - Southwestern vs. Hopkinsville

6:30 p.m. - Bullitt East vs. Trinity

8:00 p.m. - Apollo vs. George Rogers Clark

Thursday, March 15th

12:00 p.m. - Bowling Green vs. Oldham County

1:30 p.m. - Boone County vs. Knott County Central

6:30 p.m. - Marshall County vs. Scott County

8:00 p.m. - John Hardin vs. Johnson Central

First Round Predictions.
Trinity stands out in th4e upper bracker and Scott County in the lower bracket. Hopefully, Trinity prevails.
Trinity is certainly the favorite, but they have a potentially rough road to a state title. Bullitt East has beaten Trinity in a preseason scrimmage, and is playing pretty well, so that 1st round game will be tough. Then they'll most likely face GRC in round 2, a team that is surprisingly good and brings plenty of experience that Trinity won't have. In round 3, they'll be looking at Rowan County, a team that was 1 shot away from a state title last year, with 2 of their best players back. If all goes well for Trinity, then they'll face Scott County in the finals, not a fun task.
SWHS Fan Wrote:Add that this is Southwestern's first appearance to interesting facts. Big Grin

I could be wrong but, isn't this also North Laurel's first appearance as well?
Scott Co. and Trinity in the Finals. They just have two much talent in my book for the rest of these schools.
I am pretty sure that they were saying the same thing about Eastern last year...they were watching the final game. Trinity and Scott mY be the favorite, but good chance that at least one will be only be watching on Saturday night. Let's get it going!
Any where to watch the games online?
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:I could be wrong but, isn't this also North Laurel's first appearance as well?

A South Laurel fan posted in the North Laurel thread that this was indeed their first one.
FIRST Wrote:Scott Co. and Trinity in the Finals. They just have two much talent in my book for the rest of these schools.

I think Scott County could get tripped up...
but I don't see it happening to Trinity
SWHS Fan Wrote:Add that this is Southwestern's first appearance to interesting facts. Big Grin

This is North Laurels firt as well.
D IT UP Wrote:Winner of game 3 v.s. Scott County on Saturday night. One of the weakest fields I've seen in years but I hope for some exciting games. I haven't seen John Hardin play and maybe they can compete with SC for the bottom bracket.

I think you are forgetting about Bowling Green in the bottom bracket.
I would pick Trinity to win it all.
Someone set us up a Sweet 16 bracket contest..
When does the Hearld Leader or Louisville CJ come out with the KHSAA "Sweet 16" State Basketball Championship Preview with the 16 region winners in it? Anyone know for sur and Thanks in advance.:Thumbs:
Scott Co. wins it all.
Clark County wins it, Stenzel finally get the recoganition he deserves with MVP and puts himself in the running for Mr. Basketball. You can say what you want. But this could definatly be a possibility.
Jerry Tipton is to busy in New Orleans trying to dig up dirt on the CATS!

I'm sure Mike Fields will have some good information on the Sweet 16.
My opinion, this is an overall weak state tournament field compared to years past. Not really any games I'm looking forward to( maybe Scott vs Trinity, if they make it) not really any players I'm interested in seeing. Hopefully it turns out better than I am expecting it to. Anybody else feel this way?
SaveUK Wrote:Any where to watch the games online?

ihigh.com should have the games. The girls games have been streamed, I would say they will stream the boys also.

http://www.ihigh.com/KY/
Pages: 1 2