Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Oldham Co 50 Collins 40 (8th Regional Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tyler Wesley with a triple double (points, rebounds, and blocks)
Congrats Oldham on back-to-back regional titles!
3/6/2012
Oldham Co. 50
Collins 40
Oldham Co. 12 10 16 12 50
Collins 6 12 11 11 40
8th Region finals at Henry Co.
Oldham Co. (29-5) -- Wesley 19, Gruber 8, Simpson 7, Masters 8, Kopp 4, Smith 4.
Collins (24-11) -- Marshall 11, Brooks 7, Johnson 6, L.Page 3, Manica 3, Spalding 2, A.Page 2, Stone 6.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...rylink=cpy
Way too many turnovers for Collins.

Congrats to Oldham on the win and to the Titans for a great season. They really turned it around after starting out 12-8 and got big wins over Bullitt East and Woodford County and made a great postseason run. They will miss their seniors but should be good again next year.

Good luck to Oldham at state.
This was the Championship game.
No 11 Oldham Co. 50, Collins 40 (8th): Tyler Wesley, a senior forward, led the Colonels (29-5) to the title with 19 points at Henry County. Sam Gruber and Garrett Masters added eight points apiece.

Junior guard Dez Marshall led the Titans (24-11) with 11 points.

Oldham County's first-round opponent in the Sweet Sixteen will be No. 10 Bowling Green (29-6), which defeated Warren Central 60-47 in the 4th Region finals.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/03/06/20985...rylink=cpy
Wesley was best player on floor.
No guards for collins.
Two collins kids at trintiy would have taken care of that problem.
Manica will be at trinity next year...Wow. 4 kids at T...
Who officiated the game last night?
Horrible...both ways even.
This was the 3rd year in a row for the championship game to be between at 29th and 30th district team and 5th year in a row a 30th district team was in the championship. This was also the 7th year in a row the regional champion came from either the 29th or 30th district.
LOve watching 8th region ball. So underrated. Championship game was fun to watch. Good luck at state!
Suchajoke Wrote:LOve watching 8th region ball. So underrated. Championship game was fun to watch. Good luck at state!

I agree. There is nothing better than watching the 8th region tournament. Such a great atmosphere and you're always going to see a great game.
I am hooked... even when my son is finished with his high school ball (at Oldham Co).I will always return to Henry Countys gym for the excitment of the 8th region tournament. Great job by Henry Co. Good teams, good players and good coaches!
coloneldad Wrote:I am hooked... even when my son is finished with his high school ball (at Oldham Co).I will always return to Henry Countys gym for the excitment of the 8th region tournament. Great job by Henry Co. Good teams, good players and good coaches!

Henry County always does and excellent job hosting. It's been there for 50 years and I hope they have the tournament there for 50 more.

Even though these past two seasons were "down" seasons for the 8th, the past two tournaments have been outstanding. This years tournament had many great games, including a 19 point 4th quarter comeback by Gallatin County to win at the buzzer over Simon Kenton. Last year Spencer County brought probably the best crowd in the 50 year history of the 8th region tournament at Henry County. They played 3 amazing games but fell short in the finals. I don't have anything against Oldham, but I really wish Spencer would have won the region last year. That would have been one heck of a crowd at Rupp and an amazing story. Even though they didn't win the championship, I'm sure they will be talking about last year's team for years and years to come.

Can't wait for next year's tournament, I'm sure it will be just as good as the last 50.
I remember the Spencer game and yes their crowd was huge .... what great memories for the kids and teams who get to play!