Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville Comets/Lady Tigers Breaks Drought!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just in case a few of you didn't know. Paintsville's advancement to the Regional Championship Game, on March 5th, 2012. Was the first time for the Lady Tigers since 1932!

80 Years !!!!!

You girls had a GREAT season and made your school and fans VERY PROUD!!! You accomplished a feat that hasn't happened at your school in 8 Decades!! So walk with your heads HIGH!

Congrats to Coach Baldwin and the Lady Tigers on a GREAT Season!!!!
I agree, OTH....they had a great season! :Thumbs:

Good luck to MC!
Give the Lady Tigers a few more years until 5th & 6th graders get up to high school and a few more records will be broken at Tigerville. Was fortunate enough to see this young Tiger team play 4 or 5 times and they can flat hoop it up....I watched them defeat Betsy Layne Middle and if i'm not mistaken B. Layne won Floyd Co. Championship...
^I hope they do. I was just trying to show what these girls accomplished this season.
Hats off to these Lady Tigers, they have very much to be proud of.. Coach Baldwin should be named coach of year in 15th region imo.....Took a far less talanted team than alot in region and got beat in finals...
gettheball Wrote:Hats off to these Lady Tigers, they have very much to be proud of.. Coach Baldwin should be named coach of year in 15th region imo.....Took a far less talanted team than alot in region and got beat in finals...

I don't know how many teams you watched play in this region, but Paintsville was not a far less talented team than a lot of teams in the region. Magoffin, Paintsville and Shelby Valley were the top teams in the region. All three of these teams will be very good next year also.
t4p3r8 Wrote:I don't know how many teams you watched play in this region, but Paintsville was not a far less talented team than a lot of teams in the region. Magoffin, Paintsville and Shelby Valley were the top teams in the region. All three of these teams will be very good next year also.

I agree! IMO, the two best teams in the region played in the Finals. That's just my opinion.
Out of the top 5 players in the region, Paintsville has 0 on that list. So yes I think Coach Baldwin did and outstanding job getting his team to the finals......
gettheball Wrote:Out of the top 5 players in the region, Paintsville has 0 on that list. So yes I think Coach Baldwin did and outstanding job getting his team to the finals......

Have to disagree that they don't have a top 5 player.
The Carroll girl can play and start for any team in the Region!

Agree that Baldwin did a great job.
This was for gettheball.

That's your opinion. VanHoose was rated top 5.

Why does this thread have to take the turn it has taken. It was created to show what the Lady Tigers accomplished this year for the first time in 80 years!

Why can't people just say great job or congrats for something acheaved?
gettheball Wrote:Hats off to these Lady Tigers, they have very much to be proud of.. Coach Baldwin should be named coach of year in 15th region imo.....Took a far less talanted team than alot in region and got beat in finals...

Just out of curiosity, who do you think the more talented regional teams were? Besides Magoffin, sheldon clark and shelby valley were the only regional teams to beat them.
gettheball Wrote:Out of the top 5 players in the region, Paintsville has 0 on that list. So yes I think Coach Baldwin did and outstanding job getting his team to the finals......

They had the runner up for player of the year on this team and some other players I wouldn't trade for any in the region. Coach Baldwin did do a great job with these girls but he didn't do it without any talent. This is the first team he has ever had that won 20 games in one season and he has had some pretty good teams. And as far as the top 5 players, whoever they may be, only five teams at the most can have one of those players and I think there are 15 teams in this region.

If I'm not mistaken, the Lady Tigers had three players on the all tournament team last night.
OffTheHook Wrote:This was for gettheball.

That's your opinion. VanHoose was rated top 5.

Why does this thread have to take the turn it has taken. It was created to show what the Lady Tigers accomplished this year for the first time in 80 years!

Why can't people just say great job or congrats for something acheaved?

I agree with you 100% Hook.:Thumbs: The problem is that some people are not at all satisfied unless they can be condemnatory or negative in the way they present themselves. Anyway congrats to the Lady Tigers on a great season and best wishes for future endeavors.