Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 65 East Ridge 45 (15th Region Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Final from the Expo.

Shane Hall leads Johnson Central to the win with 34 points and 9 rebounds on 12-20 shooting from the floor and 10-10 shooting from the free throw line.
Congrats to JC! Impressive win.
And he's not even from Canada. How bout that?

Way to go, black and gold. Let's fill Rupp.

Best part... The whole starting lineup is composed of freshmen and sophomores.

GO EAGLES!
Congrats. to the Eagles.... Hall 34 points
Wow! Very impressive win! Congrats Golden Eagles!
JC beat Pikeville in 2000...
JC beat Shelby Valley in 2006...
JC beat East Ridge in 2012...

There's something about JC playing Pike County teams on even years for the regional title. This is the 2nd time JC has cut down the nets at the Expo Center.
WOW!!! What a performance by Shane Hall!! This is the type of performance this kid can bring on a night in, night out basis. However, some times he manages to disappear on the floor. This might be the type of performance he needed to solidify himself. Hopefully it will carry over into the state tournament and people across the state will get to see what the mountains have to offer.

Congrats to JC!! Glad to see them pull this one out over the Warriors!!! Great run by ER though.:Thumbs:
Diogenes Wrote:And he's not even from Canada. How bout that?

Way to go, black and gold. Let's fill Rupp.

Best part... The whole starting lineup is composed of freshmen and sophomores.

GO EAGLES!

That's only the best part if you're from JC. Lol! How many straight years now has Pike/Johnson county won it? Last time I remember someone besides SV it was Paintsville so...

Congrats JC, way to show out for Mr. Crean, Shane Hall!
Does anybody know (for sure) what D-1 coaches or scouts were in attendance tonight?
Damn...well, you had a hell of a run boys.

Congrats JC.
heard Tom Crean was in attendance tonight for this game
^^He was. They're recruiting Kasongo hard. Not sure if they're interested in Hall, but probably are now if they weren't.
ER was out coached and out hustled. Plain and simple. JC bigs were in Kasongo's head from the get go. These kids are young though, on both teams, but look for JC to win it for at least the next 2 years. Im sorda glad JC won though. To me, if ER had won it would have had an asterik beside of it in the books, and I went to school there for a short time. But thats just my opinion......
"I shall hasten to my dear ones, but I will return one day with good rains and dance as a Katcina in the plaza with my ancestors..."

-- Hopi Sun Clan Chief, Don Talayesva

Congrats to JC.
Does JC still have the same coach everybody wanted to fire last year?
KENTUCKY10 Wrote:Does JC still have the same coach everybody wanted to fire last year?

Haha, that's the same thing I'm wondering.
vundy33 Wrote:^^He was. They're recruiting Kasongo hard. Not sure if they're interested in Hall, but probably are now if they weren't.

He should be going after him. If I was a College Coach I'd go after Hall hard, Kid is a beast
Quote:Does JC still have the same coach everybody wanted to fire last year?

^^^ They finally did what a AAAAA school should do in this region!

Congratulations Golden Eagles, no one was going to beat them these past two games!

Hall was fantastic tonight. Far and away the best player on the court.
I wasn't trying to be funny!! I was asking?
What a player in Hall.
Heard Crean say that Shane Hall was the most impressive kid on the floor at the concession stand.

Anywho, Johnson Central's D has a dominate showing, and Hall was almost unstoppable on Offense.

ER had to many turnovers.

Congrats to both teams.
vundy33 Wrote:^^He was. They're recruiting Kasongo hard. Not sure if they're interested in Hall, but probably are now if they weren't.

I read today that they were looking at both.
KENTUCKY10 Wrote:I wasn't trying to be funny!! I was asking?

Yes, it is the same coach.
Finally!!! Thank you!!
First, Congrats to J.C. on a very impressive performance, good luck in the State Tournament! Win it all for the 15th!! E.R. congrats on a fine season! Its never as good as you want it to be, unless you win it all! Nonetheless, be proud of your accomplishments! J.C. was just better than us on this night, nothing to be ashamed of, the refs didn't take it and you weren't outcoached, they just had a better game and deserved the win. I'm excited for basketball in this region for the next 3 years!!!
Congrats to JC on a great win, Shane Hall is an unbelieveable talent. Congrats to East Ridge on a fantastic season, you guys fought hard 'til the end and played with so much heart.
Have to say I'm glad JC won, something about ER having players from Canada that makes you not want to see them win?
Congrats to coach McKenzie
Sad to say, everyone wanted you gone last year, but now they will kiss your ***
Throwback Wrote:Congrats to coach McKenzie
Sad to say, everyone wanted you gone last year, but now they will kiss your ***

JC should have won the region this year and the last few years. Most talent and biggest school.
Kosongo who? You band wagon freaks can go home. I say yet again Kosongo has a ways to go. Crown him if you want but the facts are he has not beat a big man in the region even Messer you slugs.You all need to eat your words Belfry 0304 Take Messer all day Loser.:Thumbs:
With Tom Crean and other recruiters in the arena, did that take ER out of their normal game plan? ER's number 5 went 3 for 14 FG's, 0 for 4 on 3 FG's More shots this one game than the whole tournament combined. 24 for ER was pretty much shut down by JC's defense. Regardless where these kids are from, it sucks that D1 coachs, recruiters come in and watch a game and they perform like they did...

Mr. Lemaster was outcoached tonight, Questions I had, was why keep Ray on Shane after 3rd foul? Ray kept getting beat and there was never a change, other one was in the end with the foul situation, why not switch 10 with 23 to foul.

All my own opinion.

Congrats to JC! Good luck at Rupp! Show all the nay sayers that the 15th isn't as bad as they say! LOL.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5