Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle County 62 East Jessamine 57 (12th Region Semis)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Shocker from the "Big House."
Wow!!!
Wow! Never expected this! UPSET! IMO, this gives SW an even better chance to make it to Rupp!
I was totally off on this one. Congrats to Coach Adams and the Rebels on the upset.
wow..wow..wow. I sure didnt expect to see this upset.

Huge props to the Boyle Co team.

Does the Rebels have a legit chance at winning against the Warriors 2mar night?
If Southwestern comes out overlooking Boyle County, they could have a shot at shocking the region and making the trip to Rupp.
Boyle is living the life of SW from last year. The lower part of the draw was loaded with talent. Every body thought East had a cakewalk to the finals. Last year it was everybody thought Mercer had a cakewalk to the finals. This year Boyle drew Casey County the worst team in the region. Last year SW drew Rockcastle the worst team in the region.

This year Boyle shocked the region by upsetting East Jessamine. Last year SW shocked the region by upsetting Mercer.

Last year SW got beat by 15 in the finals. I hope that this year Boyle Co. gets beat by 15 in the finals.
^ That's so weird. I was thinking the same thing last night...but it's true.
It may be because I'm an East fan, but we got hosed last night. There were multiple walked on Satterly that were not called, multiple fouls while driving the lane that were not called. If the refs would have called it bad both ways this game probably would have went a different way. Not making excuses, they were good, but not Regional Finals good. The one short ref seemed like he was pulling for boyle county. Boyle was in the double bonus about a minute into the fourth quarter. Very one sided game
Confusederiously:

This picture sums up what I feel when watching EJ's Coach O'Bryan sometimes. He CHOKES in big time games. Always has since he took over the program.

He had no answer for the Boyle zone last night, and did nothing to throw the Rebels off guard/give them something they didn't expect.

Good season for the Jaguars, but unfortunately there will always be a question of "what if" with this year's team.
From what I hear, they thought it was a cakewalk to sweet 16,maybe Coach Coleman didn't prep Coach O'Bryan in zone defense, from Jessamine Journal article stating of her teaching him the game.
Not sure what game you were at, but I'm pretty sure I saw east miss at least 15 shots inside the paint 5 or 6 of them easy wide open layups and miss so many open threes you couldn't count. I'd blame the coach too. I mean besides getting his players open shots within whatever offenses he should make them for them as well. Good call. You are probably just upset over getting cut, probably in the past, move on, or is your life really not any better since high school? Sad when it's true that they are the best years of ones life.
Why do people have to make stuff personal. East team had a bad shooting game. Boyle did not. End of story! I watched this game. Coaching on EJ part didn't have much to do with the loss.
Bball you have so much worthy advice for the coaches in your posts what is your background? Rec league? Church? YMCA? Upward? Wait Special Olympics? I'm sure in one of those you proved you vast knowledge of the game. Put it on a resume and apply for a real coaching position. Of course you have to have a college degree and I'm giving two to one you don't.
Bottom Line: East Jessamine chokes in big games. That's a reflection on the coach.
This was not an upset. East only beat Boyle by 2 in the regular season and Boyle's seniors have defeated East's group of seniors at every level since the 6th grade. East was good but Boyle underachieved until mid January and knew they were going to beat East on Monday.

I understand why it looks like an upset but it wasn't.
RebelPride12 Wrote:This was not an upset. East only beat Boyle by 2 in the regular season and Boyle's seniors have defeated East's group of seniors at every level since the 6th grade. East was good but Boyle underachieved until mid January and knew they were going to beat East on Monday.

I understand why it looks like an upset but it wasn't.

Ha! In your opinion this was not an upset. But sorry to let you know. It was.
Boyle was solid and underachieved all year. Congrats to their outstanding turn around. No way this is a huge upset unless you don't follow rebel ball like I do!!! I'm curious as to how daddy blames the coach in this situation again he got the players in the spots with good shots what else do you want from a coach? Guess obrien misses a lot of shots in practices? Or forgets his plays? Daddy you are a coach yourself from what I understand what exactly have your teams accomplished? East won the district title as well didn't choke that up unlike the team of 2001.
Hey Such A Joke: your whiteys must be to tight today. East was not prepared for the game bottom line. Your team gives up to many points most in region 2158, you score 2557 thats tells me your defense eats sugar plums. So next year work on Defense - offense will follow. HEY WEST WON BY 20 IN FIRST GAME : THEN BY 5 IN NEXT GAME. REBEL ALL THE WAY. :biglmao:
East Jessamine’s record-setting season came to an end Monday night in the 12th Region semifinals. The Jaguars fell to Boyle County, 63-57.

This season East Jessamine (28-5) set school records in wins with 28 and winning streak with 17 consecutive wins.

“You can’t take away from what they’ve accomplished this year. They’ve had a great year,” East Jessamine coach Chris O’Bryan said. “Won the first district championship (and) won so many games.”

Monday night’s game against Boyle County (13-15) was a rematch of an early season face-off that the Jags won 57-55. However, this time the Rebels did not let the lead slip away in the final minutes despite a fierce effort by East.

With 90 seconds remaining in the game, East senior CJ Boyd hit a two-point basket to pull East within five points at 55-50. Following a Jags timeout, Boyle went downcourt and scored to push the lead back to seven. East and Boyle traded free throws to 58-51 with 58 seconds remaining in the game.

With the door quickly closing on East’s season, senior Michael Rexroat rose up. He buried a three-pointer to make it 58-54 with 47 seconds remaining. Boyle sank a pair of free throws on the other end, but Rexroat came right back for another trey as the clock hit 25 seconds.

The deep three would be East’s final basket of the year as Boyle hit three more free throws in the final seconds to hold on for the win.

“I thought we worked hard; I thought we kept fighting and clawing. We just dug ourselves a little too much of a hole,” O’Bryan said.

East Jessamine was never able to get a firm grasp on control of the game. The Jaguars never led past the 5:55 mark of the second quarter. East took a 13-12 lead into the second quarter after a three-pointer by Tashan Hairston, but the Jags were outscored 12-7 in the second period and went into halftime down 24-20.

“We missed I don’t know how many close baskets the first half and second half,” O’Bryan said. “We missed a lot of shots that normally fall. Unfortunately, that’s how it goes sometimes.”

With the offense struggling, East players started to get into foul trouble. Rexroat, Cody Collins, Ronnie Carson and Taylor Harper each had two fouls at the half. Collins missed most of the first half with foul trouble and picked up his third midway through the third quarter.

“Cody picking up two fouls early hurt us,” O’Bryan said. “We had a lot of silly fouls there in the first half that hurt us. Guys with two fouls had to sit a lot of minutes, and normally that doesn’t happen.”

East cut the lead to two points to start the third quarter, but Boyle pulled away again, leading by as many as seven in the period. The Jags trailed 33-28 heading into the fourth quarter.

Two quick baskets by Boyle to open the fourth pushed the lead to 10. The Rebels led by as many as 12 points during the final eight minutes.

Rexroat and Harper picked up their fourth fouls in the fourth quarter, and Carson ended up fouling out in the final seconds of the game.

Despite fouling out, Carson led East in scoring with 14 points. Collins scored 10 points in his send-off. Boyd scored nine; Rexroat finished with eight points; Hairston scored five; and Cameron Thomas scored two points.

East Jessamine has gone 85-38 during the last four seasons, the best four-year stretch in school history.

http://www.centralkynews.com/jessaminejo...otogallery
Pages: 1 2