Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (RUMOR) Coaching vacancy at Ermine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unofficial word is that LCC's Hammonds resigned this morning. Can anyone confirm or deny?
Just rumor. Signed contract last week. This thread needs to be closed.
A contract is irrelevant. That would only mean he couldn't be fired without just cause.
Lol.
With the salary he makes I would find it hard to believe he would resign.
so is he staying put or did he actually resign? Sounds to me like he stayed put
He would have to be let go at the end of the school year, they renew contracts year to year. They wouldn't sign another until July 1, if they offer him another year. Which I highly doubt will happen. And I agree with the above, why in the world would he resign if he is making so much money? Crazy talk.
I think someone got confused with the football coach..
Ask Raymond Justice if signing a contract guarantees you keep your job.
According to the football website, they are saying Big Al Holland will be coming to Letcher Central as basketball coach and his son Little Al going to be the new Head Football Coach. This would be a homerun for Letcher Central if this happens but I do not see Big Al leaving Hazard unless he is forced to because they have a great young team that will compete for the next few years in the 14th Region.
Raymond Justice is smiling.........
thegr81 Wrote:Ask Raymond Justice if signing a contract guarantees you keep your job.

Could be the dumbest move of all time running Raymond out of town and losing Camron Justice. Then to make matters worse, he is now on District foe Knott Central's team..I always enjoyed watching Raymond Justice on the sidelines stomping that foot and his facial expressions were priceless but also thought he was one of the best in the area at coaching. I bet the Super in Letcher County regrets letting the Justice's go, now they have to look at them the next four years and have a great chance at winning the 14th region the next several years...
It all started by not hiring Eddie Whitaker and his kids, then you had Raymond Justice and you let him go. That is two strikes Letcher Central.
The 3rd strike will be hiring Burt Brown, AKA(Hail Mary Brown), as their new football coach.
Hey, guys! Do you not get it. Hammonds will be back next year. Justice came in thinking he was going to get a raise and got his pink slip. Regardless of what I thought or think, Hammonds will be the LCC coach. Either support him and the kids or go to the local bar or Dairy Queen and talk would've, could've, or should'ves.
Where do you get such certainty?
LCCAlum Wrote:Where do you get such certainty?

If UKisN1 said it take it to the bank.....I'm gonna take what he said as gospel, although I wish they would have made a change, I think we can do MUCH better!
The adminstration at LCC may want to keep him but from the few times I saw them play and during the game vs Powell judging by his body language and the way his team played for him he very may want to just quit, doesn't seem to be happy just my opinion.
LCCAlum Wrote:Where do you get such certainty?
From the horses' mouth.
If we can verify that he is staying, then this thread needs to be closed.
CuJo Wrote:According to the football website, they are saying Big Al Holland will be coming to Letcher Central as basketball coach and his son Little Al going to be the new Head Football Coach. This would be a homerun for Letcher Central if this happens but I do not see Big Al leaving Hazard unless he is forced to because they have a great young team that will compete for the next few years in the 14th Region.

I think Lil Al likes his job as UPIKE's offensive coordinator, I don't think he would leave.

Plus he is the East Ky Drillers QB, in Pikeville.
Guys you can just close this thread down. This morning I talk to Coach Hammonds and Coach Johnson. He is staying and so is his staff. They are already working on next years schedule. People who hold grudges because his kid didn't get to play so they started a bogus rumor. Until you have any proof shut this thread Dow
N.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Guys you can just close this thread down. This morning I talk to Coach Hammonds and Coach Johnson. He is staying and so is his staff. They are already working on next years schedule. People who hold grudges because his kid didn't get to play so they started a bogus rumor. Until you have any proof shut this thread Dow
N.

This thread could have been posted by someone who enjoys the game, and would like to see their school do good, it isn't always someone who had a kid who didn't get to play....just my opinion!
I think a change is needed for Coach Hammonds and for LCC. Outside the super(which really is all he needs) he isn't going to get much support and the program will loose support as long as he is the coach. Our croud was embarrassing at the regional tournament, I have never saw a crowd that small at a regional tournament.I really hate that Logan and that senior class went out like they did,they are a special group and would have liked to see a better outcome for them.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Guys you can just close this thread down. This morning I talk to Coach Hammonds and Coach Johnson. He is staying and so is his staff. They are already working on next years schedule. People who hold grudges because his kid didn't get to play so they started a bogus rumor. Until you have any proof shut this thread Dow
N.

Is LCC and Estill renewing the contract? I know it expired this year
thegr81 Wrote:I think a change is needed for Coach Hammonds and for LCC. Outside the super(which really is all he needs) he isn't going to get much support and the program will loose support as long as he is the coach. Our croud was embarrassing at the regional tournament, I have never saw a crowd that small at a regional tournament.I really hate that Logan and that senior class went out like they did,they are a special group and would have liked to see a better outcome for them.

I agree 100%......with the right coach they could have done soooo much more, a lot of talent on that team !
Hammonds is a solid coach, the 14th like every region is hard to win. I hate to bring this up, but look at Perry Central. Perry was a top 10 team in the state all year and had one bad game.