Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fairview/Raceland District. Who wins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The teams in this district are:
Raceland
Fairview
LCA (Lexington Christian)
Bath
Berea
Nicholas
Paris

Fairview is losing Bradlee Jones, Raceland is losing Thomas Tolliver, Lexington Christian is losing Tyrell Hayden (who has signed with Virginia Tech). Nicholas county has some young talent but they are losing experienced players in the backfield. Wayne Stevens has transferred to Bath and Bath has some young talent. Their JV didn't lose a game last year and Freshman only lost one to East Carter. There is also rumors that more Rowan co. players are coming to Bath county because they don't like Coach Baldridge. Fairview has two young backs who from what I seen like to fumble the ball and from what I know, they still don't have a set Quarterback. Lexington Christian is losing a lot of seniors but where they are a private school they can always reload. I have no idea about Raceland. I hate that no huddle offense. Their defense is the only question I have for them that I know about. Berea isn't expected to do much and neither is Paris. Both teams are losing what little talent they had. I would like to hear what other people have to think about this district.
I'd say LCA is the favorite.  Followed by Raceland over Fairview by just a touch.  But I wouldn't be surprised to see Bath knock off one of them with the move of Stephens and maybe some other Rowan County players.
I just dont see why teams like Bath and Nicholas should even have to play private schools like Fairview and LCA in their districts. These teams get to reload each year while these small public schools must use the talent coming from the 8th grade. But i do see LCA or Raceland taking this district but who knows what happens.  Offseasson work will determine what plays out in the fall.
Fairview isn't a private school.  They're a public independent school.  The same as Ashland.
[quote author=Tomcat68 link=topic=20824.msg210993#msg210993 date=1142318139]
Fairview isn't a private school.  They're a public independent school.  The same as Ashland.
[/quote]

Fairview isn't a private school but they still recruit guys from West Virginia. All the kids that aren't good enough (or don't have the grades) to play at the Huntington schools go to Fairview. Chris Jennings did it, two boys that went over last year did it. They still get to reload every year.
I agree they have gotten a few transfer players in their time, but any school can get those types of transfers.  They just benefit greatly by being in an area where you can easily cross state lines and bypass most rules set by the KHSAA.  Is it fair?  Not really.  But I just wanted to clarify that they weren't private. 

Currently there are only 16 private schools that field football teams.  Of those 16, 5 made it to the state championship game this past season and 3 won.
O okay, so their independent..whats the difference between private and independent anways? seems they can do the same stuff as private schools.. I cant wait until next season starts and we get to see what Bath and thes other schools have got.. I hope the District is a litle closer and not big blowouts evry game. I cant stand games where its lopsided real bad.