Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County 41 - Harlan County 37 (13th Region Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Harlan County gave Clay County a big scare.
Great players make big plays in those type games. Mitchell from Clay walked the ball up with about 1:20 left and hit a big time 3. I believe Harlan Co. was looking for her to get to the rim. Harlan Co. was up by one at that point in the game. I could not tell, but it looked like Mitchell called that play. Also the the 8th grader for Clay Co. came up very big. Congrats to Clay Co. on another regional title.
Not surprised....
You know I could be a real JERK like some of you Harlan people have been to Whitley players and fans..., but I won't. Your girls gave Clay all they wanted and had a Great season. Congrats to you all.....and Congrats to the Lady Tigers of Clay Co. I hope you represent the 13th well at the Sweet Sixteen!:Clap:
^
Well said.
I know we didnt get the same courtesy....
Harlan County was definitly the 3rd best team in the region this year and next year will be the only team IMO that can give Whitley a run.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Well said.
Harlan County was definitly the 3rd best team in the region this year and next year will be the only team IMO that can give Whitley a run.

Clay County will be very good again next season. The idea that they are not going to be among the favorites is just wishful thinking. Clay returns to top two post players in the region, and arguably the best shooter. In my opinion, they are still the favorite until someone beats them.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Well said.

BTW...The only reason Harlan County fans called you out in particular is because you were so arrogant about Whitley cruising to the regional title game, and they fell in the first round. I don't think anybody said Whitley wasn't a good team, just that you were going overboard as a fan.
I go overboard as a fan all the time!!

Congratulations Clay County, and good luck in the state tournament..

Congratulations to Harlan County, and their great season; good luck to the seniors.
Congratulations Lady Tigers on yet another regional title. What a great finish to the 13th regional tournament! Their were some clutch shots made by both teams. Congratulations also to Harlan County for a great season and a great effort in the tournament. The region will have several good teams next year. The Lady Tigers will be among them. They return Cheyenne Madden, Morgan Chesnut, TaLaura Mathis, Sara Robinson, and Ajaycia Cotton just to name a few. Good luck in the state tournament Lady Tigers.
Amazing clutch shot by Alicia Mitchell when I thought Harlan Co. may have them on the ropes up by one with less than a minute to go. Mitchell had passed on several wide open threes throughout the game, but stepped up and nailed the biggest one right when her team needed it the most. Nothing you can do but tip your hat to that young lady. Harlan Co. was right there in the lead where they wanted to be with a chance to knock them off but Clay Co. responded. You just have to say congratulations to both teams! With no disrespect to Madden, I thought Mitchell should have been the MVP of the tournament, if for nothing more than hitting that crucial shot at the end because if that doesn't go in, the Lady Bears would be making their 1st trip to Bowling Green! Also, Clay Co. was just 4-11 at the Free Throw line in the Semis against Bell. In the championship, they were 11-11!!! Congratulations Clay Co. Harlan Co., nothing to be ashamed of!!!
Clay County 41, Harlan County 37: The No. 13 Tigers (31-5) held off the Black Bears (26-7) to win the 13th at Corbin Arena. TaLaura Mathis had 13 points for Clay County, which won its fourth straight region title.

http://saxo.highschoolsports.net/article...on?Avis=B2
HarlanCountyCard Wrote:BTW...The only reason Harlan County fans called you out in particular is because you were so arrogant about Whitley cruising to the regional title game, and they fell in the first round. I don't think anybody said Whitley wasn't a good team, just that you were going overboard as a fan.

lol okay.....its amazing how much less you talk after a loss....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:lol okay.....its amazing how much less you talk after a loss....

I hardly post at all. That's why I have been a member since Dec. 2009 and only have 47 posts. As for me posting less, I have no reason to. I didn't predict that Harlan County would win the regional title, I didn't even predict that they would beat Whitley County for that matter. All I said was that it would be a competitive game, and of course, we were unable to find that out.