Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2012 SEC Tournament (March 8-11)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not certain on this but I'm about 75% Sure this is how it looks

FIRST 2 ROUND GAMES ARE ON SEC NETWORK (SAME CHANNEL AS CBS)

SEMI-FINALS AND CHAMPIONSHIP IS ON A MAJOR NETWORK (CBS/ESPN/ETC. ETC.) MORE THAN LIKELY CBS

Thursday March 8
12:00 PM - (8) LSU vs. (9) Arkansas

2:30 PM - (5) Alabama vs. (12) South Carolina

6:30 PM - (7) Ole Miss vs. (10) Auburn

9:00 PM - (6) Mississippi State vs. (11) Georgia

Friday March 9
12:00 PM - (1) Kentucky vs. (8) LSU/(9) Arkansas

2:30 PM - (4) Florida vs. (5) Alabama/(12) South Carolina

6:30 PM - (2) Tennessee vs. (7) Ole Miss/(10) Auburn

9:00 PM - (3) Vanderbilt vs. (6) Mississippi State/(11) Georgia

Saturday March 10
12:00 PM - Semi-Finals #1

2:30 PM - Semi-Finals #2

Sunday March 11
12:00 PM - CHAMPIONSHIP
Florida, Vandy, Tennessee finished with a 10-6 SEC Record. Florida had to beat Kentucky to get the 2 Seed, Florida lost. Tennessee beat Vandy yesterday to get the 2 Seed and with the loss Vandy received the 3 Seed
I got Kentucky...
The SEC Tournament bracket is now set. On Friday at 1 PM EST, Kentucky plays the winner of Thursdays LSU-Arkansas game. Then on Saturday at 1 PM EST, Kentucky plays probably Florida again. And on Sunday at 1 PM EST, Kentucky will probably play Vanderbilt for the championship.
The ONLY game that worries me at all is the 2nd Round against LSU in Louisiana. Only because of the chance that LSU gets hot from the 1st game and the home crowd. Other than that, I think the Cats roll.
LWC Wrote:The ONLY game that worries me at all is the 2nd Round against LSU in Louisiana. Only because of the chance that LSU gets hot from the 1st game and the home crowd. Other than that, I think the Cats roll.

I wouldn't worry if it's anything like Atlanta was last year, UK fans will outnumber all other SEC fans 5 to 1. When I was in Atlanta last year, I felt like I was in Lexington because everywhere you went you saw UK fans whether it was at the Georgia Dome, the Hotel, walking the streets, or at a restaurant/bar! Should be like a home game for Kentucky throughout the Tournament.
^Cat-lanta and Nashville are MUCH closer than Louisiana. Again, my concern is a small one. UK SHOULD ravage the SEC foes.
I can see a Mississippi State vs Kentucky championship game.
itzAmazing Wrote:I can see a Mississippi State vs Kentucky championship game.

That was my prediction on my bracket i filled out, this is what i have

1st round
Arkansas
Alabama
Ole miss
Mississippi St

round 2
UK
Florida
UT
Mississippi St

semis
UK
Mississippi St

Champs
Kentucky
Ky-TN finals, KY wins
LWC Wrote:The ONLY game that worries me at all is the 2nd Round against LSU in Louisiana. Only because of the chance that LSU gets hot from the 1st game and the home crowd. Other than that, I think the Cats roll.

LSU wouldn't scare me if they were actual Tigers lol
^

Pulling for LSU to do good, for Hickey. I loved watching play him in HS but I agree LSU doesnt scare me at all. They might not get past Arkansas.
UK easily.
Anyone else going down to New Orleans besides this lucky guy???
^^
I'm not but sure wish I was. I'm going to try my best to make it to the SEC tournament next time in Nashville. Have fun man and be safe!
Can't wait for new Orleans
Navajo4life Wrote:Anyone else going down to New Orleans besides this lucky guy???

I sooo jelly...

And LSU scares me about as much as puppies scare me.
Go big blue
Leaving in 22 hours, so pumped could not hardly go to sleep last night...Here is hoping for everyone to have safe travels and bring home an SEC Tournament Championship before the big dance next week...
Navajo4life Wrote:Anyone else going down to New Orleans besides this lucky guy???

Yup...didn't get to take my dad to a football road game this year so I am taking him to the tournament, he has never seen a UK game in person so hopefully he gets to see 3. Love New Orleans... if you need any advice let me know. MY GF's family lives on the MS Coast so I head down that way 3-4 times a year.

We will be getting there late Thursday, I am super excited
Its MARCH MADNESS!!! Anything can happen...I think their are 3 teams that Should win this tournament. UK, Vandy, and Miss St. But it is march, will LSU or a gerogia win it? Who is to say
LWC Wrote:^Cat-lanta and Nashville are MUCH closer than Louisiana. Again, my concern is a small one. UK SHOULD ravage the SEC foes.

Well sir, you were right!
Semi-Finals are Set (These games are on ABC)

1:00 PM - Kentucky vs. Florida

3:30 PM - Vanderbilt vs. Ole Miss
itzAmazing Wrote:I can see a Mississippi State vs Kentucky championship game.

You are blind.