Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky Tornado Damage Video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been out for awhile today and took some videos and pictures of my home town.

[YOUTUBE="Martin County Destruction"]iP4Weu2brWE[/YOUTUBE]

The video quality was lowered between converting it and uploading it.
Wow, that was surreal Wildcatk23. Debris trails all the way up the mountainside. You can sure trace the tornado's path!
What's sort of crazy from that video is that a lot of those houses and businesses appeared to be somewhat fortunate. There were several houses where you can see where the tornado "missed" it by staying higher on the hillside or the opposite side of the road. My heart goes out to those that were effected, but through all that it could have been much worse.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:What's sort of crazy from that video is that a lot of those houses and businesses appeared to be somewhat fortunate. There were several houses where you can see where the tornado "missed" it by staying higher on the hillside or the opposite side of the road. My heart goes out to those that were effected, but through all that it could have been much worse.
Salyersville and West Liberty are destroyed.
Attention: Anyone that would like to make donations of money or supplies for victims of the storms yesterday. A group of people from Penny Road Community Church just made a trip today to deliver supplies, and will be making another trip to Salyersville TOMORROW. If you would like to make donations we will be accepting supplies from 2pm to 4pm, after services at the church. We were able to help tremendously today, but they still need help! I was surprised at how little they had received. The most needed items are flashlights, powdered baby formula, baby wipes, and plastic eating utensils. They need pretty much anything you could send. Thanks very much, and God bless!
Bevelled a few people today had a few others deny my help. There was only a few churches in the county helping people. Very upset with my old church for not opening there doors for people. Trinity by Kermit was helping everyone.
Aerial view of West Libery and East Bernstadt (Laurel Co.)

[YOUTUBE="Tornado Damage"]gmGvK1kdFaA[/YOUTUBE]
West liberty is just demolished.
I changed the title. So its not just martin county.
You are correct EKUAlum! Some homes were badly damaged while others, just next door, would appear to be intact. Isn't that a signature of stronger tornados?

Anyway, post an address WildcatK23 where donations can be mailed, please.
The Red Cross has set up a fund to help with the tornados. You can text "Red Cross" to 90999 to have a one time, $10 dollar donation for the fund to be added to you phone bill.
Although I don't believe the people get half of the red cross donation it's the easiest way to donate.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Although I don't believe the people get half of the red cross donation it's the easiest way to donate.
They claim they spend 100% on whatever relief they are taking up for.
[YOUTUBE="EKY Tornados"]m9yOakTjcP4#![/YOUTUBE]
Here is video I shot from my car after what appeared to be a tornado crossing the interstate. You can hear T.G. Shuck on my radio mentionin the funnel cloud being spoted in our area but I think at that point it had already touched down.

I started videoing once I knew we all would be safe...

judgementday Wrote:Here is video I shot from my car after what appeared to be a tornado crossing the interstate. You can hear T.G. Shuck on my radio mentionin the funnel cloud being spoted in our area but I think at that point it had already touched down.

I started videoing once I knew we all would be safe...

Here ya go...

[YOUTUBE="Storm Video"]bHEpNBGwVpw&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]
Storm Damage in Hawk Creek, London KY.

[YOUTUBE="London Tornado"]zqz6ly8lED4[/YOUTUBE]