Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Congratulations to Clay Counties Jacob Hyde Committing to the CATS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congratulations! Saw him at the NUC combine in Lexington last summer and he was a beast.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=107919
Deleted information as this was already posted. Waiting for a moderator to delete. Thanks
I didn't see the post on here until after I had put this in. Somebody else posted it. Would a mod remove mine please?
Congrats young man!!!!
kind of surprising, but congrats to him.
What position?
Very surprised, what does he rank. I have seen him play and I am surprised he was sec material, hope he proves me wrong
Nice get for UK.
West 80 Wrote:Very surprised, what does he rank. I have seen him play and I am surprised he was sec material, hope he proves me wrong
Very good player,good pickup for UK.
He has a SEC body and is a beast in the weight room. Look for him to red shirt and be a full time player as a third year sophomore and be an impact player his last two seasons
Good luck go big blue
I just wanted to congratulate the kid too. I've heard from people in Clay County that he is a pretty good kid as well as being a tough cat on the ball field. Good luck!
Wow! I did not think that anyone at Clay Co was even close to being SEC caliber! Congrats to Jacob and I wish him the best!
papagrit Wrote:I just wanted to congratulate the kid too. I've heard from people in Clay County that he is a pretty good kid as well as being a tough cat on the ball field. Good luck!
Jacob Hyde is a great kid. We're very proud of him at Clay.
Who else did he have offers from?
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Wow! I did not think that anyone at Clay Co was even close to being SEC caliber! Congrats to Jacob and I wish him the best!

When I use this analogy, I do not intend to offend the coal-supporters of this site, but I feel as if it gives you an adequate answer to your post:

Jacob Hyde and Clay County is the equivalent of finding a diamond in a coal mine.

(Remember, coal has a valuable use, but we are all in one common-sense understanding that a diamond is much more valuable)
according to Cats Pause he is the first 2013 committ.

He is listed as:
6'2 313 runs a 5.58

the speed knocks him out on defense
his size height wise is questionable for OL
Ive seen him play a couple of times and never really seen him dominate the field like other mountain players who have went to UK.
It doesnt take away from the fact that he's going to UK, im just curious to see why.
I am not saying he isnt good, but his numbers dont stack up agaisnt the elite SEC guys. If he is only 6'3 and 313, how is he going to block a guy from florida who is 6'6 350 and runs like a antelope. It isnt going to happen.

I guess that is why UK is a dweller in the SEC.

I wish him and UK luck.
He is a great example of the power of Combines. He absolutely ruled everyone he went to especially the bench reps category. That got him noticed. He is also a good kid who has stayed out of trouble. His raw size is spot on as a Guard in the SEC. Likely where he will play.

We played Jacob for several years. And while he is good, had he not dominated Combines he would have likely been playing at a small school. If you want to play College football it takes a bit of a marketing plan no matter what your skill set. And when you do well in Combines they market you for free.

Congrats and do well JH!
If he runs a 5.58, I doubt he pulls a lot at guard. But good luck to him.