Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lloyd Memorial 42, Highlands 39 (9th region tournament)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final from NKU

keep an eye on those Juggs :biggrin:
Terrific game, and what a performance by Tyler Bray of Lloyd. He can do it all.
jalfzou Wrote:Terrific game, and what a performance by Tyler Bray of Lloyd. He can do it all.

Bray doesn't get enough credit for how good of an athlete he is. Can't wait to see him go nuts during the track season.
Congrats Juggernauts!!!!
Congrats to the Juggs
Lloyd (16-15), which upset Dixie Heights to win the 33rd District title, got 23 points from senior forward Tyler Bray, including a tiebreaking three-pointer with 4:20 left to defeat Highlands 42-39 in Thursday’s other quarterfinal. It’s the first time Lloyd has advanced to the semifinal round since finishing as regional runner-up in 1996, according to head coach Mike Key.

The high-flying Bray, who was the Class AA state high jump champion last year, poured in 10 first-quarter points, including a one-handed dunk off a lob helping the Juggernauts to a 14-7 lead.

• Enquirer's Recruiting Trail blog
• Enquirer high school sports blog
• Check us out on Facebook
• More prep coverage

Lloyd, which has won seven of its last eight games after a 9-14 start to the season, held a 30-22 lead early in the fourth quarter before Highlands (10-19) went on an 8-0 run and tied the score at 30-30 on senior guard Samson Lewis’ three-pointer from the left corner with 5:50 remaining.

Bray then made his tiebreaking three, but Lloyd didn’t put the game away until it made two free throws in the final nine seconds and had to withstand a desperation three from beyond midcourt at the buzzer.

“I don’t think we played particularly well, we didn’t really execute, but our kids played with great poise and played really, really hard,” said Key. “They just toughed through some things. The kids just kind of persevered.”

The Juggernauts will face Boone County (25-7), who advanced to at least the semifinal round for the fourth straight season by defeating Holmes, 51-43, in Thursday night's other quarterfinal.

Bray had nine of his points in the final quarter.

“He really showed up tonight,” said Key. “Anybody that’s been around Ninth Region basketball knows he’s an athlete. What he didn’t have was that basketball skill that you just have to develop. It just takes time and he’s finally starting to develop it. He’s starting to make basketball plays rather than just athlete plays. That’s really turned it around for him and it’s turned it around for us.”
http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...303010201/
Congrats
toussaints Wrote:final from NKU

keep an eye on those Juggs :biggrin:
love keeping an eye on those big juggs:Thumbs:
Went to Bank of Ky Center last night. Although, I liked the games better in a packed high school arena, the seats were much more comfortable than high school bleachers.

Also, I saw a line of seats courtside with very few people sitting in them. How much do those seats cost? And are they for sale at the ticket window? I wouldn't mind sitting courtside for a game.

As for the game, I thought it was very entertaining. I would have tried to get the ball to Towles on the inside more and maybe get Bray in foul trouble. Bray was a dynamic player though. I enjoyed his theatrics. Thought we needed to call an ambulance a few times, only for him to pop back up and stay in the game.