Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Collins senior makes commitment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Collins High School senior post player Brian Stone has made a verbal commitment to Malone University, a Christian liberal arts university in Canton, Ohio.

The 6-foot-9 Stone had drawn some recent interest from colleges after a sensational senior season but said he picked Malone because “they offered me a full ride.”

Stone averages 14 points a game and led the state in field-goal percentage during the regular-season at 75.6 percent. He was 12-for-12 from the field and had 24 points and 15 rebounds in Wednesday’s win over South Oldham in the Eighth Region tournament.

Georgetown, Campbellsville, Lincoln Memorial University, Mid-Continent, Berea College and Stetson University were also interested in Stone.

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydem...ommitment/
Brian Stone recently signed with Malone in the MLCHS Library.

[Image: AsTnWbWCIAAgO1M.jpg]
Someone is missing out. Stone could make an impact at Morehead or Eastern, but those two colleges seem to just overlook in state talent. Don't understand :-( Congrats to Brian Stone and Malone Universit!!!!
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Someone is missing out. Stone could make an impact at Morehead or Eastern, but those two colleges seem to just overlook in state talent. Don't understand :-( Congrats to Brian Stone and Malone Universit!!!!

I agree, I thought Brian should go to a bigger school. He is 6'8", a very good shooter, and very athletic. He scored 22 points and had 12 rebounds and 4 blocks against Derek Willis in Collins win over Bullitt East this year. Brian is also a great kid and I'm sure he'll have a great career at Malone!
In my opinion Mr. Stone could have played at a higher level. Big guys that can shoot are in high demand. MSU and EKU missed the boat on this kid.