Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland Blazer 79 Fleming County 73 OT 16th region.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Gut check!

Passed!

Looks like Ashland vs east?
Jr. Logan salow played the best game he's played. Way to step up. Gregg did his thing ,but couldve been better from freethrow line. withrow another great game. Gotta get more from whetsel an bush on Friday.

Keep it rolling TOMCATS!!!

An for Truth an lizard? How did that happen no 16th region Refs.
Heck of a game! Congrats Tomcats!
I was at the game and in my opinion Fleming gave this game away in regulation. Leading by 3 with around 13 sec. to go Ashland had the ball under Fleming's basket having to bring it the length of the floor instead of fouling and making Ashland hit the first miss the second get the rebound and put it back in they allowed Ashland to work it to Gregg for a 3 to tie and send it to OT. I just hate when coaches makes these decisions and cost their team the game.
[quote=16BBall Fan]I was at the game and in my opinion Fleming gave this game away in regulation. Leading by 3 with around 13 sec. to go Ashland had the ball under Fleming's basket having to bring it the length of the floor instead of fouling and making Ashland hit the first miss the second get the rebound and put it back in they allowed Ashland to work it to Gregg for a 3 to tie and send it to OT. I just hate when coaches makes these decisions and cost their team the game.

GREGG made the 3 they didn't make it for him, that kid plays every play an never quits an it showed tonight. They weren't ALLOWED to do anything, they flat out beat them fair an square. Ashland was given nothing, they played harder an came back several times for the tie an Fleming had the same 4 mins in OT to score the ball just like Ashland did. An they couldn't get it DONE! Game over, NEXT..
I can tell you this...if Ashland gets the referees from the second game (East vs. Russell) Gregg might not score because he walks EVERY time he touches the ball, and that crew called 3 on Genung alone.
BADCAT74 Wrote:Jr. Logan salow played the best game he's played. Way to step up. Gregg did his thing ,but couldve been better from freethrow line. withrow another great game. Gotta get more from whetsel an bush on Friday.

Ashland did what they had to do to win. That is good. Check my posts. I never once said Ashland was a bad team. You just got all emotional and assumed that is what I was saying.

But this is how tournament time is. Whether High School or NCAA, every team gives you their best game. Look at Greenup and West, Rowan and Fairview, Ashland and Fleming all game that should not have been such a struggle.

:insane:
Why did Fleming Co not foul? That was a desperate 3 for Ashland and also clutch. I bet if Fleming had a do over they would have fouled!
I thought a crucial mistake Fleming made was at the end of the third Quarter.
With one minute left, they were up by 7 and had the ball and Momentum but decided to take a contested shot instead of holding the ball for the last shot of the quarter.
Ended up starting the 4th with a 4 point lead instead and lost some of their momentum.
BADCAT74 Wrote:[quote=16BBall Fan]I was at the game and in my opinion Fleming gave this game away in regulation. Leading by 3 with around 13 sec. to go Ashland had the ball under Fleming's basket having to bring it the length of the floor instead of fouling and making Ashland hit the first miss the second get the rebound and put it back in they allowed Ashland to work it to Gregg for a 3 to tie and send it to OT. I just hate when coaches makes these decisions and cost their team the game.

GREGG made the 3 they didn't make it for him, that kid plays every play an never quits an it showed tonight. They weren't ALLOWED to do anything, they flat out beat them fair an square. Ashland was given nothing, they played harder an came back several times for the tie an Fleming had the same 4 mins in OT to score the ball just like Ashland did. An they couldn't get it DONE! Game over, NEXT..

Not saying anything at all about Gregg hw is as good as their is in the 16th. What I was saying he should have never got to take the 3 Bush should have been fouled as he crossed half court or even Gregg should have been fouled as he dribbled the ball out to shoot the 3. That was the coaches fault not one coach was up telling Fleming to foul so that tells me it was never mentioned to them durning the timeout.
16BBall Fan Wrote:[quote=BADCAT74]

Not saying anything at all about Gregg hw is as good as their is in the 16th. What I was saying he should have never got to take the 3 Bush should have been fouled as he crossed half court or even Gregg should have been fouled as he dribbled the ball out to shoot the 3. That was the coaches fault not one coach was up telling Fleming to foul so that tells me it was never mentioned to them durning the timeout.

Yeah i see what you mean, you would think that would be the plan? Fleming is a very talented team makes me wonder about there record. Coaching could play a bigger part then we know all season? weren't they around .500? not sure how tough there schedule was, they are a fairly young team.
Fleming played by far the toughest schedule of anybody in the 16 th region.
Trinity, Orange Lutheran CA, PRP, Dixie Heights, Clark Co, Mason Co, Christian Co, Bullitt East...that's Rowan's schedule. Don't know if "by far the toughest schedule of anybody in the 16 th region" is the appropriate description.
Fleming played Lafayette, jeffersontown, butler, Lex Cath, St X, Montgomery County, Madison Central, Male, Glasgow, Mason County, Campbell County, Johnson Central and Bedford NH in their outside of the region part of the schedule. I'll stand by my statement.
With that said I still believe Rowan County is the best team in the region and will repeat as region 16 champs.
I liked Ashland's draw. They were tested in the first regional game with Fleming and were the better for it. Rowan had all they could handle with Fairview and they will likely have all they want tomorrow night with West. Then will have to face Ashland, or East in the final Monday night.
Lizzard Wrote:Ashland did what they had to do to win. That is good. Check my posts. I never once said Ashland was a bad team. You just got all emotional and assumed that is what I was saying.

But this is how tournament time is. Whether High School or NCAA, every team gives you their best game. Look at Greenup and West, Rowan and Fairview, Ashland and Fleming all game that should not have been such a struggle.

:insane:

No you didn't say they were BAD, you said they CHEATED?? id rather be just Bad than called a cheater. An also insinuated they couldn't win a game if they weren't playing at the "KITTENS LITER BOX". Or at the very least had 16th region refs.
FBALL Wrote:Fleming played Lafayette, jeffersontown, butler, Lex Cath, St X, Montgomery County, Madison Central, Male, Glasgow, Mason County, Campbell County, Johnson Central and Bedford NH in their outside of the region part of the schedule. I'll stand by my statement.

Montgomery co. Madison central, Campbell co. Johnson central, mason co. CHECK....
Also Clark co. Woodford co. Warren central, Perry co. central. Beechwood Out of state top ranked Tug valley wv. an Ironton. not to shabby.

Im not so sure Ashlands out of region wasn't right there with em...
I am. It wasn't.

Russell played Chesapeake, Ironton, Portsmouth, Johnson Central outside the region. Doesn't matter. Fleming played more high quality teams than anybody else.
FBALL Wrote:I am. It wasn't.

Russell played Chesapeake, Ironton, Portsmouth, Johnson Central outside the region. Doesn't matter. Fleming played more high quality teams than anybody else.

They did play a good schedule, thing is Ashland is still playing Fleming an Russell got sent to the house. I think experience is what beat Fleming an that's something they Didnt have this year, now next year could be a different story. They've got 4 sophmores starting? they will be tough out next year. What's Russell got coming back besides porter an skaggs ?
FBALL Wrote:I am. It wasn't.

Fleming, Ashland, and Rowan all played tough schedules. Not sure why you brought Russell's weak schedule into the conversation.
By the way I thought that the decision Biggs made to use his bench early really made a difference. Burns cramping in the overtime was a direct result of Biggs decision to sub early and often.
BADCAT74 Wrote:What's Russell got coming back besides porter an skaggs ?
They also have Googie Hayes, Coach Kidwell will find a way to piece them together again should be ok next year
Leaping Lee Wrote:By the way I thought that the decision Biggs made to use his bench early really made a difference. Burns cramping in the overtime was a direct result of Biggs decision to sub early and often.

No, Burns cramping was a direct result of over use by Fleming County, Burns has been fatiqued for several games now, he plays the whole game and goes up and down at full speed most of the time. Nothing to do with Biggs substitution pattern, that just kept his own guys fresh.
Colonels87 Wrote:No, Burns cramping was a direct result of over use by Fleming County, Burns has been fatiqued for several games now, he plays the whole game and goes up and down at full speed most of the time. Nothing to do with Biggs substitution pattern, that just kept his own guys fresh.
Agree
BADCAT74 Wrote:Jr. Logan salow played the best game he's played. Way to step up. Gregg did his thing ,but couldve been better from freethrow line. withrow another great game. Gotta get more from whetsel an bush on Friday.

I would expect the senior-laden Ashland to beat the sophomore-laden Fleming County, wouldn't you? Fleming County's coach lost this game. Still, your loyalty to your team is understandable.
Colonels87 Wrote:No, Burns cramping was a direct result of over use by Fleming County, Burns has been fatiqued for several games now, he plays the whole game and goes up and down at full speed most of the time. Nothing to do with Biggs substitution pattern, that just kept his own guys fresh.

By keeping his guys fresh Biggs was able to push the tempo which attributed to burns fatigue. Either way it was a brilliant coaching move.