Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Reports: Howard to Lakers NOT HAPPENING
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Andrew Bynum has had the same noose hanging over his head that Pau Gasol has for the past few months. The more the Lakers don't look like a Finals contender, the greater the chances are that the team will do what it has always done, reload with the best parts available, in this case, Dwight Howard. That would mean Bynum would be headed out of town, despite being the prized possession of new ower-in-charge, Jim Buss.

But for Bynum's part? He told the Orlando Sentinel he's not concerned about it, and doesn't think he's going anywhere. From the Sentinel:
"It doesn't matter to me; I don't read the headlines," he said. "There's a bank in every city, and I'm going to play hard basketball wherever I go, so I'm good."

Bynum believes he'll be a Laker after the trade deadline, although he ought not take that to any bank.

Until then, Bynum isn't going to allow it affect him the way its bothered Lakers PF Pau Gasol.

"I really don't care about it, man," he said. "You've just got to play basketball, just have fun. A lot of people lose that … it's a business and this and that. You're playing a game, and it's something you've been doing since you were a kid. If you just get back to that and just play, nothing matters."
via Orlando Magic: Glen "Big Baby" Davis speaks his mind in Magic team meeting - Page 2 - OrlandoSentinel.com.

Typical stuff in terms of "I don't let trade talk bother me," but the fact he thinks he's not going anywhere either shows a youthful ignorance of how disposable any player is to teams, or an indication from ownership that they don't think Howard is going to fit with L.A..

Meanwhile, Magic ownership shot down a rumor over the weekend of a potential trade with the Lakers for Dwight Howard.
Orlando Magic continue to say they have made no decisions about what they'll do with Dwight Howard as the NBA trade deadline approaches on March 15.

And they are saying that a rumor making its way around Orlando that they've reached a deal with the Los Angeles Lakers and a third team is totally false.

The scuttlebutt is that the Magic would send Howard, Hedo Turkoglu and Jameer Nelson to the Lakers and the Magic would receive Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol. A third team, the Toronto Raptors, could be part of the deal or in a separate trade with the Magic, sending point guard José Calderon to Orlando.

Magic CEO Alex Martins told the Sentinel the rumor is wrong.
via Dwight Howard trade rumor: Orlando Magic deny Dwight Howard trade to the Los Angeles Lakers rumor - OrlandoSentinel.com.

The next step is for the Magic to offer Dwight Howard an extension, again, on March 1st, in the hopes his wonderful experience over All-Star Weekend will entice him to stay. When that fails, and it will fail, the Magic will have fourteen days to review offers from Howard before the March 15th trade deadline and decide to move him or keep him and risk his entering free agency. There continues to be doubt from those in the league that the Magic will actually leave open the possibility of his abandoning the fanchise in free agency with their having nothing to show for it. But with the stubborn, yet admirable dedication to not losing Howard lingering, it's impossible to tell how this whole saga ends.

For the time being, Bynum's not going to Orlando, and Orlando's not shopping Howard.

All's quiet on the Superman Front.

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports...4/35006562
I'd like to see Howard in a Laker uniform but I heard that the Lakers are interested in Rondo.
It's not like Howard would bring anything the Lakers can't get out of their 2 big anyway.
Howard is better than both of them defensively.
there are some nights when Bynum looks like he's the better offensive player out of the 3
I wish theyd just ship his ass to the clippers
Howard is just an upgrade from Bynum. Unless the Lakers can somehow (by a miracle) get Nelson and Turkoglu along with Dwight Howard, it's not worth it.