Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will the dawgs be looking for a new coach? Rumors are floating around that they will be, it should be an interesting few weeks in Louisa.
I've heard nothing...I think Miller deserves some time to build things, but then again we live in a win now society.
I have heard the same thing and lets hope its TRUE! and they don't need to drag their feet about it either. It is Miller Time....Time to GO!!!!
0 wins the year prior to 7 wins this season and a scrappy bunch.

You gotta crawl before you can walk. LC was much improved from last season.
Coming from being two time district champs, and haven't won a region game in two years. I believe their needs to be a change. Lawrence County might have the best 8th grade class coming up in school history. As 7th graders they were runner-up in State and have been playing together for several years. I just hope LC can get back to where the program was when Anderson was here.
Blueheat Wrote:Coming from being two time district champs, and haven't won a region game in two years. I believe their needs to be a change. Lawrence County might have the best 8th grade class coming up in school history. As 7th graders they were runner-up in State and have been playing together for several years. I just hope LC can get back to where the program was when Anderson was here.

Should have NEVER let Anderson leave.
^ There was no keeping Anderson... his mind was made up, plus Boyd offered him the world what with the new High School being built and all...

LC will be fine and Coach M will do a fine job if people leave him be. Last years lack of success had ZERO to do with Coach M and anyone involved with LC sports knows that.
i hope coach miller is reading these posts and realizes he's not whats best for lc. regardless of what parents are saying or doing, ask the players. none of them respect him because he has done nothing to earn their respect and has done nothing but set them back. time to move on, not the right fit for lc!
SureThing Wrote:i hope coach miller is reading these posts and realizes he's not whats best for lc. regardless of what parents are saying or doing, ask the players. none of them respect him because he has done nothing to earn their respect and has done nothing but set them back. time to move on, not the right fit for lc!

and what have these players done to have the respect to be able to pick their coaches? i would love to know that answer. it is a two way street. i'm not taking up for miller. i don't know him. but what i know is that players that are in the 8th grade do not have enough respect built up to determine anything. i don't care what mommy or daddy tell them. they haven't done squat yet.
^ You are correct... Who knows who this "Dawg_4_Life" and "SureThing" really are... probably the same person for all we know. They both have very, very few posts and obviously created accounts with the sole purpose of coming on here to discredit Coach Miller.
lchsalumnus Wrote:and what have these players done to have the respect to be able to pick their coaches? i would love to know that answer. it is a two way street. i'm not taking up for miller. i don't know him. but what i know is that players that are in the 8th grade do not have enough respect built up to determine anything. i don't care what mommy or daddy tell them. they haven't done squat yet.

Well if you don't know miller than you can't very well defend him can you???..and who is talking about just players in 8th grade. Im talking about the whole team!! and yes kids do have respect for coaches if the coaches show them respect in return. when miller first got hired his comment was he was not begging anyone to play. at HS level its not about begging. hes not smart enough to know that. it's about convincing them and making them feel like they are needed on the team. you know what it is a mommy and daddy's place to do what's best for their child. who looks out for the childs future, sure not the lc school system!!!!!!!!!!
Man how times have changed!!! when I was growing up, it was unheard of that a player or players could decide on their coach. No matter if you liked or disliked the person, we was always taught to play hard and show respect. Just my opinion guys!
They played solid, tough bball, they played hard what the hell else would LC want. They overachieved with what little talent they had.
^^ Not at LC apparently... if you or your kids don't like that coach then you go to the Board Office and pitch a fit until they are gone or you just don't play as if you are boycotting them. lol

Sad times we live in... boy would I ever hate to be a coach now a days. Look at Paintsville's boys coach. Mid season you couldn't come on this site without reading a thread where folks were bashing the poor guy. Now, the guy makes a few changes to his lineup and they finish 8-19 and no one says a word anymore. LC finishes 7-18 on the season after a 0 win season last year and a few parents have decided he needs to go. Coach Anderson had success while at LC, moves to Boyd and has two much improved seasons compared to the 2 prior years before he started and from what I hear he is getting heat from folks up that way. Last year JC folks were ready to run off Coach McKenzie at JC and this year all is well.

Ah... the wonders of high school basketball!
^ Fully agree. I'm not from LC, but I thought coach Anderson was one of the best around.
SureThing Wrote:Well if you don't know miller than you can't very well defend him can you???..and who is talking about just players in 8th grade. Im talking about the whole team!! and yes kids do have respect for coaches if the coaches show them respect in return. when miller first got hired his comment was he was not begging anyone to play. at HS level its not about begging. hes not smart enough to know that. it's about convincing them and making them feel like they are needed on the team. you know what it is a mommy and daddy's place to do what's best for their child. who looks out for the childs future, sure not the lc school system!!!!!!!!!!

you are obviously one of these parents. your attitude towards our school system is also less than desirable. perhaps you should take your child to boyd or johnson central or paintsville? that would solve your problem and our problem at the same time. enjoy the grass that is always greener on the other side. :eyeroll:
As an outsider, I thought Miller has done good his first 2 seasons. As far as Anderson, he jumped ship because 1 of 2 reasons; either he was aware of the lack of talent upcoming or he was tired of dealing with the surroundings. Several good comments have been made and you have to see it from both sides. A coach should have the opportunity to build a program. It doesn't happen over night. However no coach doees not have the right to humiliate or abuse kids. Again I know nothing about Miller other than watching him on the sideline at games. Which I will say the man obviously knows his stuff. The kids play hard, he has good sets, he adjust to his talent and what they are capable of doing, he understands the game and the ability to make changes on the fly. What has went on behind close doors is unknown on my part. But the above comment was dead on when they said a PARENT must look out for their child because no one else has their childs well being as top priority other than a parent.
Ike Cooter Wrote:As an outsider, I thought Miller has done good his first 2 seasons. As far as Anderson, he jumped ship because 1 of 2 reasons; either he was aware of the lack of talent upcoming or he was tired of dealing with the surroundings. Several good comments have been made and you have to see it from both sides. A coach should have the opportunity to build a program. It doesn't happen over night. However no coach doees not have the right to humiliate or abuse kids. Again I know nothing about Miller other than watching him on the sideline at games. Which I will say the man obviously knows his stuff. The kids play hard, he has good sets, he adjust to his talent and what they are capable of doing, he understands the game and the ability to make changes on the fly. What has went on behind close doors is unknown on my part. But the above comment was dead on when they said a PARENT must look out for their child because no one else has their childs well being as top priority other than a parent.
I know it wasn't your intent, but let's not even go there. Coach M is/has been nothing but a stand up guy since coming to LC. He walked into an environment where there were a lot of emotions and hard feelings due to the departure of Coach A and has not been given a chance from day one. I hate it for the guy, because I truly believe he knows the game of basketball inside out and has nothing but the best interest in mind for these boys.
You can not win the KY Derby riding a donkey, obviously coaching shapes talent, but the coach can not work miracles.
We had enough talent to compete right up there in the 57th district this year. If he still had last years team they would have been winless again. It was not the coach that made a difference in the wins it was the players that came out this year such as Kiser, Cyrus and even some of the 8th graders that played, when he would let them. He has no clue what he is doing, maybe back in the day he was a good coach but basketball has left him behind. You cannot go out and compete with teams today coaching the way you did 15 yrs ago. Talent wins games and it takes a good coach to bring out the talent in kids and work them to their potential. Miller could have won more games with the talent he had but all he knew how to do was slow them down. Anyone who thinks this man is a good coach is either part of his coaching staff or a close friend. He's not even socialable. If anyone can remember when he was coaching at ashland against lc, he was the one that called our lc boys a bunch of trailer trash. So hows that for your up standing coach. if no one believes that than just ask anyone else who was there. if so many people want to keep him then fine, just wait and see what you have next year and the years to come as long as he's here. i guarantee you one thing lc will become a baseball school because he won't have enough come out to have a team!
The facts are if things don't change I'm telling you now that LC may not have enough kids to field a team! If he stays and is given 1 more year it will be too latebecause the 8th grade bunch will already be gone. This group has a chance to be special.
And all this talk about how much improved LC was this year...we won W games vs KY schools and that includes Riverside Christian! The man couldn't coach a fish how to swim. He's out of touch with his players, the fans, and the LC community.he didn't even start practice this year until November 17th so please don't tell me we were much improved. Yes, we won 7 games but those 7 were against very weak competition. Its time for Miller to step aside and let someone else take over!
The facts are if things don't change I'm telling you now that LC may not have enough kids to field a team! If he stays and is given 1 more year it will be too latebecause the 8th grade bunch will already be gone. This group has a chance to be special.
And all this talk about how much improved LC was this year...we won W games vs KY schools and that includes Riverside Christian! The man couldn't coach a fish how to swim. He's out of touch with his players, the fans, and the LC community.he didn't even start practice this year until November 17th so please don't tell me we were much improved. Yes, we won 7 games but those 7 were against very weak competition. Its time for Miller to step aside and let someone else take over!